X-tended Swing Arm

2talltim

I check for flip flops and do-rags.

:lol: +rep sir

Most all that stretch do it for a racing advantage. Getting low too is a racing advantage. I love turns, but want to broaden my horizons with a better drag performing bike. I bought my bike for power honestly. If I was small I'd do it to a zx10, but they're too tiny for me. Sure they turn great, but there's 2 sides of performance coming from these machines...power and turning ability. You can use either one to the max of your liking.

i enjoy both - but ive never had more fun on a bike than i did at national trails on the vmax, and it wasnt even that fast (needed a rider mod also lol...moar practice)

granted i havent tried a track day to compare - but i enjoyed drag racing way more than any twisty roads riding.....aside from heading to the track alone since not many drag racers on OR

plus...i like being able to spend $15 and racing all night, instead of paying $400 or whatever for a road course day (entry, gas, etc etc)...trails is 10mins away

i wish yamaha would make a bike to compete with the busa and zx14 crowd!

I've been getting the "Dude, you can rail Nick, why you want to slam/stretch?" I say,"Because I want to experience/have fun with the other side of the sport now." I know I can corner, now I want to drop and be quick. ;) They look at me like I'm crazy, but they're not into it like I am.

yeah thats a can o worms that should stay the fug closed... its close minded things like that that will get our sport canned, I hate stretched bikes.. BUT i see the purpose NOT everyone can afford to have a drag bike and a street bike.. so why make them only be able to have one... i Ride the track.. and have 1 bike so their may be things on my bike that people dont like.. (maybe my full exhaust is to loud for people) to each their own.. if it doesnt effect how i or others ride or drive (and it doesnt because its no ones isssue but the owners) then it doesnt matter you start wanting to outlaw 1 thing then its a downhill spiral.. first its extended swingarms.. then its wider tires.. or to sticky of tires for the street or flush mount signals or whatever.. sheesh.. its the diversity of the sport that makes it great.. INNOVATION! either it has a purpose and its good or it doesn't but it has to start somewhere!

that is all

And I dont. That is just how I feel. I dont care if you have the badest ass biek there is. "To me", you stretch it, it is done. I never have liked them. On the Strip I see the reason. Not that I agree with it. I would rather watch stock bike 4 bike races and see who the better rider is than see who has more money.

I thought this was a "your thoughts" thread... Obviosuly this was my thoughts on them. About like the first post. As soon as I see a bike with a extended swingarm, the interest in the bike is gone.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

For me the reason is to get lower et's with less likely hood of looping it on the launch and landing on the tarmac or wheeling through 1st, 2nd & 3rd ... I'm not a stunta so I don't particularly like wheelies especially not at 100+ mph

Bee - That's like saying all racing is only good when done stock. No way man. Racing is about who is quickest. Since drag racing began, even on the street, nobody wanted stock vehicles. They did everything they could to their vehicle to win. That's what racing is about. Who has the quickest and who can be the quickest with their skills and what they race with.

the real point here, is that drag racing sucks.

anyone can go fast in a straight line.

I'm confused, didn't you tell tbutera that the video of Gadson was irrelevant because he is a professional 9 time champion? I thought anyone can go fast? I must have not gotten that memo. :lol::p I think you're confusing a yahoo twisting a throttle wide open while cruising compared to a drag race.