1989 GSXR 750: Thoughts?

NightRider

i rode a 91 600 and it wasnt a bad little bike...it was fairly comfortable, but it was slow...the 750 should have a little more kick....it is what it is though, an older bike

That's what im wondering. Being an 89...that old, would it even be worth it. Technology does wonders.

if it has the slingshot carbs it might be worth it...but im thinking those were only on the 90's..that was my first bike '90 750, i had stage 3, k&n bolt on, full yoshi system and a advancer had it dynoed at 127....i loved that bike

if its what you can afford then its better than no bike...i wouldnt go drop 5 grand on the thing lol, but if you can pick it up for like $1200-$1400 depending on condition then it would be an alright little bike

Kbb lists it at 1895$. I think what i'm looking to trade is 1940-50$.

The way it sits, he would probably need to throw in some cash.

also, if you do decide to trade can you bring the gsxr by here first?

another set of eyes doesnt hurt

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2261290646.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2307514131.html

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2280506911.html <--- you can find decent deals on vfrs

Edited by Big3

what's the Intruder worth?

Kbb at 1945$.

is the gsxr in the same condition as your bike? if so - i think a straight trade would be alright...i think your asking price is a bit high on your current bike - but for the condition it appears to be in, i think its fair

Looking at some pics. Doesn't appear to be in bad shape. It's been repainted. Looks similar to Chevy's bike. Flat black almost. I think 2k's more than fair...it's been pretty well maintained. At least what i think? To each their own.

also, if you do decide to trade can you bring the gsxr by here first?

another set of eyes doesnt hurt

I doubt it. He's in Wapakoneta.

Not exactly the same, but I had a 1990 Katana 600 for about 4 years. It was carbed, and heavy ( compared to the newer bikes). I enjoyed riding it.

It is kinda cool that these 20 year old plus bike still run and look great.

Kinda like a motorcycle time capsule.

2009 was a rough year money wise for me or else I would still own it.

Sold to another member on OR in early 2010. Actually it was one of the pics that appeared on the OR home page when i signed on after dinner today.