Those of you who haven't called Jack at Allstate really should.

Casper

http://agents.allstate.com/USA/OH/MARK-PORTALE.html

I finally got around to calling Jack today at Allstate (a sponsor on here) for a quote. Well, he sold me car, motorcycle, and homeowners insurance today. He saved me almost $200/yr on car insurance while bumping up my coverages over 6x. Seriously. And he got me MUCH better coverage. He saved me around $100/yr on my motorcycle insurance (also bumped coverages more than 6x), and $80/yr on my homeowners insurance. I honestly didn't think he could save me all that much. Boy was I wrong.

Call him. Jack Garris at 614-442-7777. You could save a boatload, and he's a fun guy to shoot the shit with.

Edited by Casper
updated website address

I've been telling people they just don't believe me.

Jack just rewrote my car policy and saved me $400 a year.

I have max coverage as well. Instill need to get back over there and review my homeowners coverage.

He's a helluva nice guy too. Do yourself a favor and give them a call x

I've been telling people they just don't believe me.

Jack just rewrote my car policy and saved me $400 a year.

I have max coverage as well. Instill need to get back over there and review my homeowners coverage.

He's a helluva nice guy too. Do yourself a favor and give them a call x

I'm a believer.

Boy, I may get it for this. I am sure Jack is an awesome agent, and Allstate does have some very attractive prices. But boy do they suck when you make a claim. It is the only time in my somewhat long life that I instantly changed insurance companies because of the way a claim was handled. Pulled the bike, car, house and liability rider all at once.

Short version. Wife got rear ended. We have Allstate, the dude that hit her has Allstate. Should be easy right. Nope, they give us the claim number and then a few days later they totally deny the claim. I keep leaving polite businesslike messages with the claims agent and they never return them. Talk to the 800 number droids and they cant do anything or tell me anything because it is assigned to a claims agent, that won't return my calls.

Car is sitting in the garage for two weeks. Finally I get a lawyer and he calls them. That's right, I had to get a lawyer to get my own insurance company to respond to my requests for information. Turns out the original claim was against his insurance, and there was a problem with his coverage. So they denied that and issued a new claim number using our insurance. Never told us. Claims agent that never returned my calls...well it wasn't her claim anymore so she didn't have to.

So whatever you do, don't need your insurance if it is with Allstate. Maybe out of line here with this, nuke if you think so. But from this side of the keyboard Allstate earned this rant, in a big way.

Does Mr. Garris have an e-mail? I've been in the quoting mood lately, and no one has come close to my current policies.

I prefer e-mail because it saves me time as I usually just e-mail my current policies with the other company's information/premiums redacted, so I get an apples-to-apples comparison.

We've had 2 accidents while insured with Allstate. Neither was our fault.

1st one, totaled out and was in a new RSX Type S in about a week. I claimed it through Allstate as my agent at the time said it would be faster that way.

2nd one hit and run. I chased him down and he somehow ran off the road and wrapped it around a tree. Both of us were Allstate. Car sent to Roush for repair. Car repaired. No issues other than my rental was a PoS Taurus.

But I have to ask Tonik. When did you have your accident?

Does Mr. Garris have an e-mail? I've been in the quoting mood lately, and no one has come close to my current policies.

I prefer e-mail because it saves me time as I usually just e-mail my current policies with the other company's information/premiums redacted, so I get an apples-to-apples comparison.

He's on here. I don't remember his screenname, but Jagr will.

jackgarris@allstate.com

I'm with Portale Agency. I got my bike insured at a great rate a bit over a year ago. I also have car, truck and renters with them. My new years moto insurance bill comes and they jacked my rate $100! No tickets, no accidents. Here's what I got: Liability 50k/100k, passenger liability 25k; moto medical payments; and comp. Entry price, $233.04/yr. Next billing cycle, $351.80!

Not saying it's a bad agency but that's some bullshit right there. I considered $233.04 a good rate based on everything. Not $351.80.

I switched to allstate after talking with an agent at the cleveland motorcycle show and he cut my bike insurance premium in half and I have better coverage. $23.08 a month for zx14!! :eek:

Car insurance went up $20/month but I had very low coverage before. Homeowners went up $102/year but I have much better coverage on all and only paying $102 more a year.

I'm with Portale Agency. I got my bike insured at a great rate a bit over a year ago. I also have car, truck and renters with them. My new years moto insurance bill comes and they jacked my rate $100! No tickets, no accidents. Here's what I got: Liability 50k/100k, passenger liability 25k; moto medical payments; and comp. Entry price, $233.04/yr. Next billing cycle, $351.80!

Not saying it's a bad agency but that's some bullshit right there. I considered $233.04 a good rate based on everything. Not $351.80.

Was that before or after you changed bikes? Could that have been it?

I have home owners, two cars, two bikes, two four wheeler, utility trailer, life, and firearms with state farm I've checked around several times and nobody has come close to state farm for the same coverage I do like my agent and have had two small claims they handled well. I doubt he will be cheaper but ill shoot him an email.

Was that before or after you changed bikes? Could that have been it?

I didn't have the FJ with Allstate. This was an add-on after I shopped around. Chris is with a new company that's saving him a supposed ton. I don't know how the whole insurance industry works - maybe this Jack can cut a better rate than even someone else in the agency.

Anybody check these guys out yet?
I just did.

Been with Nationwide almost 30 years. My agent can't seem to do anything for me.

Just got done working with Jack at the Portale Agency.

Insurance for the car and truck, for better coverage, is half what it was. :D

Downsizing my home, so needed homeowner's on the new place. Quote came in 25% less than my 30 year Nationwide agent. :D

Motorcycle didn't work out so well. He was unable to pull my current coverage from Nationwide, the system thinks its a GSX-R instead of the mild-mannered GSX-F, so his rate was higher. He will get that fixed, I'm fairly certain.

I give them 1 thumb up, 2 if/when the motorcycle rate can get fixed.

:bow:

Jack called today, thought he had the m/c insurance figured out, but didn't. He's still working on it. Still saved me 50% on car and truck, 25% on the house.

I was with allstate for 17 years, in those 17 years I hit two deer. Truck was fixed perfectly both times. Even the shaudy repair the first company did on my truck with 2,000 miles on it, allstate held their feet to the fire and they redid the entire thing. Even sent it back and had them blend the paint all the way back because I could tell.

Long story short. I had been with them through thick and thin and 3 different agents. This last go around they sent some C*NT to the house that if I did not have such a outlook on life she would not of had a outlook on life. (This spawned over their computer glitches last year and raised everyones home owners almost 80% in my area and raised mine 195%!!! WTF is that.

Walked in the very next day. Told the agent exactly what had happened. The reaction I got back was, "and what do you want me to do about it". A) Fire her dumbass or B) at least repremand her in front of me because I want to be witness to it. Long story, Bitch kicked one of my dogs... Then was mad when I pulled my shirt over the H&K and told her that if she kicked my dog or threatened to kick my dog again I would shoot her right in the driveway. Told her that her inspection was done and to leave the premises as I called the sheriff to file the report (if you know me in anyway you know how I feel about my non-threatening English springer spaniels).

In the end, I had them cancel every policy I had... Left them standing there with there mouths hanging open and told them all to F off. Not happy about it after giving them my money for 17 years, but shit went way wrong and the C*nt needed shot in the face at point blank to make me happy after that day. Sad I had to tell the agent to stop calling or I would press charges, then he showed up at the house a week later.

I asked the simple question. Will you fire her. "NO". Then bring her back down here to my house so I can kick her in the face as she did my dog. "NO". Then get the F*ck off my property before I kick you in the face you bastard. Report still stands.

Sad day when I switched my insurance to 5 different companies to cover what I have. One for home out of Michigan, One for the bikes, one for the cars, different one for the shelby sitting in my dads barn and one for the guns and collectibles. Especially sad that with 5 different companies I am paying less.

Not saying your guy is not good, but he would have to be really good to get me to come back and there is no way in the depths of hell that bitch would ever come near me or my dogs or my house again and expect me to stay with them.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Welp looks like I'm going to drop him an email tomorrow. I literally just switched to State Farm last week because the coverage was twice as good and half the price from my previous policy.

Get a call today saying they are dropping me in 2 weeks because I only have motorcycle coverage and nothing else. I don't own a home and I drive a company vehicle that I'm insured through the company so I don't need other forms of insurance. So State Farm will never be getting my business in the future no matter how much it saves me $

I find it hard to believe that an agent can do anything other than be polite...I've done a lot of searching for new insurance since moving and every company has a slightly different rate, but within the company all the agents quote the same price. Even if they're on opposite sides of town.

I don't know jack (no pun intended) about how insurance is figured, but from what I can gather from getting quotes there is a standard rate and every company follows that standard.