1998 Ford Mustang GT

Bluezx6r

Looking to sell my Mustang GT Its a 98.

86000 Miles (roughly)

Transmission was rebuilt about 6 months ago. Shift kit added.

Automatic With Hurst Ratchet Shifter

New Black paint with a few dings, Ghost flames all down the body.

Black Pony Rims with Cobra conversion brakes on the Front.

Four Inch MagnaFlow Exhaust. Super loud.

After maket Adjustable Rear swaybar.

All Black Interior.

Seats are cloth they came out of a 80s Mustang still power seats though.

Cold Air Intake.

Ford Performance Wires.

The Bad.

Check Engine light is on, I haven't had it checked yet.

The O/D light flashes on and off but has no problem going into over drive.

Due to the transmission rebulid the car will not start in park, It will only start in Neutral. It shifts fine and runs very very well.

I'm looking to get $5000 O.B.O A trade in would get me 4500 at the dealer but Don't wanna get into a loan.

217433_662855964677_50612770_34638332_5475064_n.jpg

218008_662855809987_50612770_34638328_3787645_n.jpg

218107_662856044517_50612770_34638334_642083_n.jpg

221904_662856114377_50612770_34638336_5745982_n.jpg

223462_662856179247_50612770_34638338_1614388_n.jpg

please note - not starting in park is most likely a linkage issue since theres something funky going on with the B&M shifter...i suspect a stock shifter would cure the problem

went for a ride in this car on sunday and it runs great! i dont think the check engine light is anything serious because the car never skipped a beat

please note - not starting in park is most likely a linkage issue since theres something funky going on with the B&M shifter...i suspect a stock shifter would cure the problem

went for a ride in this car on sunday and it runs great! i dont think the check engine light is anything serious because the car never skipped a beat

WRONG

PRNDL switch is bad. Have the codes read and see why the O/D light flashes. not sure why you would build an AODE

WRONG

PRNDL switch is bad. Have the codes read and see why the O/D light flashes. not sure why you would build an AODE

ok well the shop that rebuilt the trans broke the hurst shifter and now it has a problem going into gears (i do believe it doesnt go into reverse half the time, unless you mess with the shifter some how...he had it working but his mom drove it and it stopped working, so im sure he probably fixed it back however it was that he had it, but its still not right...hence the comment about buying a stock shifter)...the guy at the shop told him it was the shifter and that if he got the part they would fix it...so if the shifter is broken and the car didnt have problems before then, i would assume it would be a problem with the shifter since it worked perfectly fine before it got damaged.....but hell, youre quick to know it all so i guess theres no way its a shifter problem, guess its just a coincidence that the switch went out at the same time the shifter got damaged, and by messing with something on the shifter it will make the thing work properly

and its not "built"....he bought the car and the trans started to slip....he dropped it off to some guy who rebuilt it.... that guy is the one who did everything and just sent david a bill....the guy claims to have added a shift kit, but im assuming its probably a j-mod and he just wanted to charge david extra (j-mod will prolong the life of the trans a little bit aswell, so it is an upgrade worth doing)....the car shifts crisp and hard, so something is done to it....but ease up on him a bit

and im not saying that that switch is definitiely not the problem, but to completely dismiss the idea that the shifter being replaced could resolve the problem with no knowledge of the car or ever seeing it is not any better advice than what i posted. so the response "WRONG" isnt really warranted

Edited by Steve Butters

ok well the shop that rebuilt the trans broke the hurst shifter and now it has a problem going into gears (i do believe it doesnt go into reverse half the time, unless you mess with the shifter some how...he had it working but his mom drove it and it stopped working, so im sure he probably fixed it back however it was that he had it, but its still not right...hence the comment about buying a stock shifter)...the guy at the shop told him it was the shifter and that if he got the part they would fix it...so if the shifter is broken and the car didnt have problems before then, i would assume it would be a problem with the shifter since it worked perfectly fine before it got damaged.....but hell, youre quick to know it all so i guess theres no way its a shifter problem, guess its just a coincidence that the switch went out at the same time the shifter got damaged, and by messing with something on the shifter it will make the thing work properly

and its not "built"....he bought the car and the trans started to slip....he dropped it off to some guy who rebuilt it.... that guy is the one who did everything and just sent david a bill....the guy claims to have added a shift kit, but im assuming its probably a j-mod and he just wanted to charge david extra (j-mod will prolong the life of the trans a little bit aswell, so it is an upgrade worth doing)....the car shifts crisp and hard, so something is done to it....but ease up on him a bit

and im not saying that that switch is definitiely not the problem, but to completely dismiss the idea that the shifter being replaced could resolve the problem with no knowledge of the car or ever seeing it is not any better advice than what i posted. so the response "WRONG" isnt really warranted

:urbutthurt:

Ok now the story is the car has problems shifting completely instead of just starting in park so which is it?

/hijack

94 5.0 5spd convertible gt

1900 till I fix. Needs distributor (tach jumps runs like shit below 2500) and throw out (ticks). Runs and drives. Top and a window need help last winters ice fucked them up. LBTS cause it is.

IMAG0030.jpg

Edited by Anden

Ok now the story is the car has problems shifting completely instead of just starting in park so which is it?

like i said before - i rode it in a few weeks ago and it shifted just fine. i also mentioned that he fixed it by messing with something regarding the shifter, which is why i made my comment about a stock shifter most likely fixing all the shifting/linkage/whatever problems.....youre not very good at this whole reading comprehension thing

The car has NO problems shifting. The ENTIRE problem lays with the Hurst shifter. The guy who rebuilt the transmission bent the shifter casing the Lock on the shifter to not disengage. So you have to stick your hand under the shifter to unlock it. A new shifter will clear the entire problem. I fixed it once just by bending it back. The o/d light flashes due to the same problem.

The check engine was just a loose gas cap.