Why do this to a vehicle?

scottb

I will be going out west soon and thought I would check out Craigslist for some cars. While looking for a 1972 Cutlass, I found this ad:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2329728763.html

3ne3k53l15O65X45S2b4ga6cd54a7c7ce1dc6.jpg

I dont know if I should laugh :D or cry :cry:. I am sure it took serious time and money to make this work, but why? Kids today......:nono:

idk, it's not like you're destroying the car, it's easy to put stock suspension back on and stock wheels, so let them have their big ass wheels...

i kinda like the look

making it look like that IS destruction :lol:

80's? :wtf:

It a pretty recent ghetto phenomenon.

80's they were jacking up similar vehicles and putting big off-road tires on them.

Now they see how big of rims they can fit on a vehicle and do whatever it takes.

Whats really funny is they are horrible for potholes because the rubber is nearly painted on the rim. Hitting a decent chuckhole will crack their expensive rims. And the suspension is so compromised that they ride like s**t too.

Quite popular in the Cleveland city neighborhoods. It is definitely not about function. :)

Craig

80's they were jacking up similar vehicles and putting big off-road tires on them.

Now they see how big of rims they can fit on a vehicle and do whatever it takes.

Whats really funny is they are horrible for potholes because the rubber is nearly painted on the rim. Hitting a decent chuckhole will crack their expensive rims. And the suspension is so compromised that they ride like s**t too.

Quite popular in the Cleveland city neighborhoods. It is definitely not about function. :)

Craig

In the 80's hicks were putting car bodies on 4x4 truck frames. This is different.