my $190 toothbrush

serpentracer

warning lame thread alert lol

so my aunt...a dental assistant...insisted on getting me one of these,

http://www.philips-store.com/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=rpeusb2c&productID=156572700

:wtf:

I must say it does do a hell of a lot better of a job than my Crest Spinbrush.

I thought it was going to apply gold to my teeth though.

and yes, I really did make a thread about my toothbrush :D

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5143/5659248453_3dc080697b_z.jpg

I had a crest spinbrush ($10) but I would have never ever considered buying a $190 one.

even now that I've used it I still wouldn't give this much for it. bad thing about it is, once the battery is dead you have to throw it away. it even shows you how to destroy it to remove the battery. and it litterally destroys it when you pry it open to get the battery out.

seems that was their goal instead of making a new battery.

We have the braun/OralB. My dentist gave it to me, but I think it was a corporate sham. The brush heads cost $20/3 heads

Sam's club. I forget how much they were, but it was a LOT less. Well, I think the price IS higher, but you get 6 or 8 brush heads. I bought the Triumph there, too, it was around $100, BUT there are 2 brushing units in there! One for me, one for the wife. Only one charger though.

Before I got the triumph, I had the Vitality, which is their $30 unit. I used it for about a year, and now the Triumph's has about a year and a half on it with no battery problems.

I actually have two Triumph's, one is about 2.5 years old (a 9500) and the other is only about 8 mo. old (a 9600 with remote display). One is for when I travel and the other I keep at home. If I would of had something like this when I was growing up I'm positive my dental visits would have been a lot better. And yes the brush heads are expensive but you're only changing them every 6 months so $20/3 should last you over a year. When you look at it like that, they're not really expensive. Besides, if you keep an eye out online you can find them a lot cheaper.