It finally happend $4.15 a gal

gixxer_joe08

The funny thing is exxon mobile the last quarter of 2010 made a profit of 8 cents per gallon of refined product. How much do we pay in taxes on a gallon of gas? Who is making the record profits?

THE GOVERNMENT!!!

Don't have quotes to back it up, but I agree w this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to buy more oil stock, will the profit from that offset the extra money we're paying at the pump? GE is not the government’s pet corporation they are just like any corporation or small business and are carrying loss into the next year. I have done this, am I a pet government company? Having distain for the current administration is understandable but have a better understanding about what you are complaining about or you risk losing credibility when you have real standing.

Time to buy more oil stock, will the profit from that offset the extra money we're paying at the pump? GE is not the government’s pet corporation they are just like any corporation or small business and are carrying loss into the next year. I have done this, am I a pet government company? Having distain for the current administration is understandable but have a better understanding about what you are complaining about or you risk losing credibility when you have real standing.

I have an understanding did you receive no bid contracts?

GE healthymagination did as part of Obama care.

Did you get stimulus money when you were not a deposit institution as GE capital did?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20048952-503544.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/mar/30/gas-prices-double-under-obama/#

Edited by crb

Okay what am I missing? Exxon mobile made a profit of 8 cents per gallon of refined product the national average for tax on gasoline is 37 cents. So where is the conspiracy? No conspiracy just stating fact! if we are talking record profits then let us look no further than government. HMMMM. 37 cpg vs. 8cpg? Who is making record profits.

C- for effort LOL!!!

You can't argue with a retard, FACT!

the gas tax, that the government receives, is the same whether the gas price is $1.50 or $4.50. However there is more consumption at $1.50 than at $4.50.

Also people tend to purchase more fuel effiient cars when gas prices are high.

So low gas price = More low MPG vehicles on the road = more gas consumption = more tax revenue from gas.

Edited by shittygsxr

I have an understanding did you receive no bid contracts?

GE healtgymagination did as part of Obama care.

Did you get stimulus money when you were not a deposit institution as GE capital did?

No bid contracts save money in most cases, were you opposed to Halliburton's no bid plus cost contract?

Harley Davison, Verizon, Caterpillar also received money to bail out their financial troubles are they a government favorite?

I disagree with these bail outs but GE was not singled out for special favors anymore than others were. Who should have been entitled to the contracts they received?

A government favorite would be General Motors where the government stole a bankrupt company from its shareholders without compensating them for it and sold it to new investors.

I'm comparing cents per gallon to cents per gallon. I'm not mentioning percentages

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/11/ge-corporate-sponsor/

Everyone should read liberty and tyranny by mark Levin its very enlightening.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/564290/201102251830/Does-Obama-Want-8-Gasoline-.aspx

Edited by crb

As much as i hate to say it, if you want to keep jobs in America, you're going to have to implement some SERIOUS tariffs on imported items we make here. that's the only way America is going to compete with Chinese (virtual) slave-labor.

Then businesses will set about getting around the tariffs any way they can. I will admit up-front that I don't know the specifics of the "chicken tax," but the basic idea is to protect the American truck/van market by taxing "work vehicles" that are imported. To get around this, Ford's Transit Connect (Made in Turkey?) is shipped here with seats so that it is classified as a "passenger vehicle." Once here, the seats are removed and it's sold as a utility vehicle.

You're buying American, but 95% of the assembly and parts production isn't even happening here...

you do realize he has been failing at that right?

I never understood how people don't get that the President and American economy has extremely little to do with the price of oil and gasoline

edit: and for frame of reference, the Oil and Gas Industry is what I do for a living

Edited by Bad324