Nelson w/ WERA - 4/30 & 5/1 (roll call)

redkow97

Steve - I didn't get to talk to you guys after the mock race, but I made it back rubber side up.

Did you see the start? I was told a couple of guys wheelied and there was some drama behind me. Did the guy with the "Corona" bike and leathers finish??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was running 18's on saturday. not bad for having never been there and only one practice session in the morning.

after comparing my vids and talking with other guys i know where to work better to pick up maybe 2-3 more seconds off my time.

I think I was in the :18-20 range too, and I know where I can cut time as well.

We'll have to get together and talk brake markers for the back straight. I am getting into 6th gear waaay sooner on the 600RR than I ever did on my F2, so I'm actually braking before the kink, then getting back on the gas...

The pavement changes colors a few times around there, and I kept using the wrong one (too early) as my brake marker. According to the guy in the race school riding his SV, I can shave 3 seconds there alone...

by the end of the day i was full throttle 6th gear all the way past the bumps on the backstraight and then at the pavement change i downshifted to 5th and a light brake then back on the gas before the kink to settle the bike and keep the front light over the bumps.

are you doing nelson with motoseries or the trackday mid may or are you going to grattan with wera?

probably Nelson with MotoSeries. I wouldn't mind Grattan with WERA, but it's so damn cheap to ride at Nelson, and I'm still knocking off the rust.

Plus the riders' school really doesn't get you much seat time, so I feel like I've got loads of unfinished business at Nelson. Like you said, there are so many spots where i KNOW i can cut time by chasing someone faster.

Ok I did -1,+2 last year and was hitting the rev limiter in 6 before the kink but I know my trans is geared different than the r6 and Honda. I have been doing just a quick roll off tip in then back on the gas. I have heard a 600 can make it without letting off, I'm still working towards that. I hope to make Steve give me a tow. Lol

i wonder if my bike's gearing is tall? i don't think i've yet to hit 6th gear unless i lost track of what gear i was in (then i'll hit 6th and count down lol).

Are we all going to be there on the 14th? I get the impression that Steve is taking this racing thing kinda serious and might be at Grattan.

I'll probably register late, so I don't know group will still have room, but the 3 of us have to go out and find out who is fast where...

we can do it during the race school mock start session.

so just how bad is practicing starts on the clutch? i always wondered cause i see people practicing it over and over again, and I just figured it was hard on the clutch so I didn't bother.

steve is sticking to northeast region so no grattan for him. his next race would be summit at the beginning of june.

i'm still up in the air between nelson or grattan, i'm leaning towards nelson at the moment but it just depends on weather and school.

what classes would I be able to run if i'm c ss in wera?

steve is sticking to northeast region so no grattan for him. his next race would be summit at the beginning of june.

i'm still up in the air between nelson or grattan, i'm leaning towards nelson at the moment but it just depends on weather and school.

what classes would I be able to run if i'm c ss in wera?

600 Superbike Race 1 & 2, 750GT, 1000GT, 1000 Superbike Race 1 & 2, any of the endurance races

so 30 bucks for member surcharge then 80 for first race and 60/40/20 for the following races?

an hour of open practice then 2 practice sessions after that followed by the races?

Endurance classes are more but yeah you get the general idea.

You can find more info here: http://www.motoseries.com/racing_info.htm

Registration info can be found here: http://www.motoseries.com/checkout/