Nelson w/ WERA - 4/30 & 5/1 (roll call)

redkow97

We're all talking to each other in various threads, but let's get something in place regarding who is riding, spectating, and pit-bitching :D

Race school:

dubguy85 - #330

redkow97 (Chris) - #524 (orange/brown)

Racing:

Kanatuna(?) - #??

sjc1000rr (Steve) #305

NateDogg624 (Nathan) - #425

brn6604(?) (Brian)

Foster (Ben? - sorry bro, it's been a while!) #535

Others who said something to me, but I don't remember if they're riding or just hanging out:

Blue03636 (Craig)

Aetsh (Shaun)

others?

Edited by redkow97

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all talking to each other in various threads, but let's get something in place regarding who is riding, spectating, and pit-bitching :D

Race school:

dubguy85 - #330

redkow97 (Chris) - #524 (orange/brown)

Racing:

Kanatuna(?) - #??

NateDogg624 (Nathan) - #425

Others who said something to me, but I don't remember if they're riding or just hanging out:

Blue03636 (Craig)

Foster (Ben? - sorry been a while since I've used your actual name)

others?

I'm still freakin up in the air.. I was supposed to go with Gene Burcham who races Expert, but he doesn't know if he'll be done with his bike.. I might do Grattan with STT to get ready for the wera race at Grattan since I've never been there...

This is killin me!

Dub - I will post a picture of the yellow vinyl I have when I get home. Plan to find yellow tape too, but this will get you started for sure. And we have all day Saturday to figure something out. I'm SURE someone in the pits will help us.

I have 2 EZ-ups, but one will likely be over my sleeping tent on Sunday... I'm also supposed to meet a friend of mine up there who should have his own canopy.

is it a matter of getting to the track, or just knowing what to do once you'er there?

I'm meeting up with a guy who races expert, and Nathan seems to know what he's doing.

More of a matter of getting my stuff loaded up if I take a wambalance ride.. And also just knowing what is going on..

show me which trailer is yours and consider yourself covered. I live ~40 minutes from the track, and could pull your bike to my garage in a worse-case scenario.

I THINK i have a pretty good idea of what's going on, but i guess I'll find out tomorrow morning :D

come out and play. the school should be pretty relaxed, and great weather. If there's something crazy that we can't fix on your bike to make it race legal, you can go home Saturday night and it won't cost you anything...

Ill come out.. when are you guys arriving tomorrow?

I'll be there by 7:00, but actual racing starts after lunch. If you arrive before lunch, you'll just see practice.

If you get there AT lunch, you can probably take the short way to the paddock (i.e. across the back straight, instead of over the misery bridge).

I think it's like $15 to spectate (which I admit sucks...)

is it a matter of getting to the track, or just knowing what to do once you'er there?

I'm meeting up with a guy who races expert, and Nathan seems to know what he's doing.

i'd like to think i know what i'm doing lol, at least regarding the rider school since i just did it.

i'll be there bike is done just gotta get the rest of the stuff packed and headed up with steve (sjc1000rr) around 430-5ish tonight

If i can get my shit together tonight, I might come up tonight instead of waiting til morning...

that's a bit "if" though. I am not packed at all. I MIGHT be on the raod by 8:00.

Gates open until 10? Or can i come across the bridge any time of night?

unless my wife takes 40 minutes to get back with dinner, I will be on the road by 8 and in the paddock by 9:00

ground conditions will dictate whether i'm tenting it, or sleeping in the car... The car sounds easier, but it's never comfortable.

440-336-7764 if anyone can't find my orange bike...

Pretty sure I saw steve get a second in C superbike. Hard to say for sure, because it was combined with heavyweight twins, and the experts caught up to most of the novice 600 field.

I "won" the mock race but pussed out in the rain today. Didn't want to spend registration money just to putt around on my non rave tires when the rest of the field had rain rubber mounted.

No idea on lap times. I did run my transponder for the mock race, but they never documented my transponder number when I registered for race school, so who knows if that was recorded.

Pretty sure I saw steve get a second in C superbike. Hard to say for sure, because it was combined with heavyweight twins, and the experts caught up to most of the novice 600 field.

I "won" the mock race but pussed out in the rain today. Didn't want to spend registration money just to putt around on my non rave tires when the rest of the field had rain rubber mounted.

No idea on lap times. I did run my transponder for the mock race, but they never documented my transponder number when I registered for race school, so who knows if that was recorded.

How many were in the mock race? I went to grattan instead.. I wienered out!

How many were in the mock race? I went to grattan instead.. I wienered out!

didn't know you didn't make it and was a little concerned when they reported for crew of "330" to come to the ambulance immediately...

good to know that wasn't you!

i didn't go out today either even though I had rains ready to be mounted. I had a really good day on saturday and didn't want to fubar the overall weekend with a rain crash. instead I helped steve change out his tires three times in about an hours time with the indecisive weather...

didn't know you didn't make it and was a little concerned when they reported for crew of "330" to come to the ambulance immediately...

good to know that wasn't you!

i didn't go out today either even though I had rains ready to be mounted. I had a really good day on saturday and didn't want to fubar the overall weekend with a rain crash. instead I helped steve change out his tires three times in about an hours time with the indecisive weather...

Yikes.. thats scary.. Ya not me... What times were u guys running there? I've only been there once and was running 22's :( .. Hopefully I get much faster with more seat time.

i was running 18's on saturday. not bad for having never been there and only one practice session in the morning.

after comparing my vids and talking with other guys i know where to work better to pick up maybe 2-3 more seconds off my time.

Edited by natedogg624

I ended up with 3rd in Middleweight Solo sat. Got 2nd in C-Superbike and 4th in C-Superstock. Fastest time for me was 1:16.620 saturday. Due to rain today...i did a 1:28 in Sbk with full rain and completely fogged visor. And 1:23 with mixed track conditions in SS.