my 870 is finally fixed!! pics

Steve Butters

• 2 weeks later...
both my 870s are put through the ringer and never fail me, sounds like an owner maintanence issue

agreed on that. I've had one since I was little(passed down from my dad) and we use them in the military. I can solve a lot of the issues pretty easily if there are any. We put a lot more rounds through them than almost any civilian without incident... most of the time lol. now the Beretta pistols on the other hand:rolleyes:

i believe my problem was in the barrel...i think the spent rounds were jamming up in barrel and when the forearm was pulled back the extractor was grabbing the round but couldnt pull it out so the forearm would not move

i tried several different ammos, cheap ones, good ones, high brass, slugs, everything.....it did it on every type of ammo.... and remington "reamed and polished the chamber" when i sent it in for warranty work and when i got it back it was even worse...i told the people at gander i was tired of messing with it and asked if they would exchange it, they said yes, so when i did the exchange i asked if they would let me upgrade and they did

mine was an 870 express field gun...26" barrel, black synthetic...cheap model 870

that sounds interesting. the chamber is more than likely not the issue at all. gotta look at the action bars, shell latches, breech bolt, locking block, etc. the bars/latches can often be bent, and the bolt/block often have imperfections that cause problems. It's a VERY simple gun, it's just knowing what usually causes problems.