removing rear sets and levers.

cOoTeR

In the near future I plan on getting my sets levers and control's powder coated on my 07 cbr 1000rr. I have never removed these is there anything I should know? They look pretty simple to remove. Also the levers seem to have a plunger they move do I need to make sure those don't come out?

I assume you're referring to the rear brake master cylinder. Yes, you need to ensure that it does not come out. But the upshot is that unless you pull directly on it, it's not likely to come apart.

There is a part of me however that questions the sensibility of spending the money on powdercoating for crappy cast items when the money would be better spent on better looking, better working, more sturdy, and crashworthy ones from Woodcraft, CRG, and many others.

There is a part of me however that questions the sensibility of spending the money on powdercoating for crappy cast items when the money would be better spent on better looking, better working, more sturdy, and crashworthy ones from Woodcraft, CRG, and many others.

this

The main reason I'm doing this is, I hate to say it, for looks. The crg and woodcraft rearsets are 399ish. The price to powder coat all my control's is around $150 in the anodized red I want.

Are you powder coating or anodizing?

Couldn't tell ya for sure. I thought powdercoating and talked to 2 guys that do it. One guy said he thinks he can do it. The other said he can but he has to order the right stuff so it will cost more. Don't really care as long as the color comes back right.

You don't have to buy Woodcrafts as complete assemblies. They sell the separate pieces ala carte and are designed to work with OE pieces. I personally bought the brackets for my SV first, used Emgo (read: cheap but better than OE) pegs and folding shifter (lifesaver!), and the original brake. My plan now is to buy the Woodcraft brake pedal, have the whole kit anodized or powdercoated, and call it a day.

Keep in mind that anodizing of cast parts is often less than great. It comes out looking very splotchy unless someone is REALLY good at the procedure.

And while I have no personal experience with them, I've heard good things about Performance Powdercoating(?) off James and Refugee here in C-bus.