In the market for a good .45 pistol...

NinjaN8

Any reccomendations? Budget is around $600-$800 on the high side. Looking for a full frame gun. I already have a Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact in .40 cal. I love that gun. I'm seriously considering saving up my money and waiting to buy a 1911 but, DAMN! those things are expensive!

I'm also looking for a good shotgun but, I've got my heart pretty much set on a Remington 870 Synthetic 18" with ghost sights and pistol grip.

I was in the same debate as you brother, I knew I wanted a .45 acp, but wasnt sure what route to go. Put it this way, buying guns is such a great investment. You will always get what you paid for them if not more. Hands down no other gun shoots as well as a solid 1911. Im the kind of a guy who has a hard time making decisions and regrets the way I spend my money. My planned budget was 800 tops and I ended up getting a Kimber Eclipse Target II from Vance's, by far the most beautiful handgun Ive ever owned and it shoots just as true, no regrets, best purchase/investment that Ive made in a while

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/eclipse-ii/eclipse-target-ii

check out the taurus 1911 or 845.. I know a lot of people think taurus sucks .. i personally love both of mine. and between me my dad and my brother we own about 10. never any problems. there is a sale right now at buds $450 for a 1911.. similar price for the 845 probably cheaper... couldnt hurt to check them out .. if you don't like them fine..

Any reccomendations? Budget is around $600-$800 on the high side. Looking for a full frame gun. I already have a Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact in .40 cal. I love that gun. I'm seriously considering saving up my money and waiting to buy a 1911 but, DAMN! those things are expensive!

I'm also looking for a good shotgun but, I've got my heart pretty much set on a Remington 870 Synthetic 18" with ghost sights and pistol grip.

I've got a never-been-fired 870 with 18" barrel I'd let go for $275. No pistol grip but it holds 7 or 8.

I looked over and fondled a new Ruger SR 1911 and it looked and felt good. It looks to have a few of the 1911 add ons in it's stock form and at something like $679 it may be worth a look to you.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

That's looking to be the new hot 1911 that's coming out now. However, I'm a little hesitant since there's no track record of Ruger with the 1911 platform. And the two-tone is a downer for me.

For around $700, you can have a solid Springfield Armory Range Officer. The ones that I've handle and played around with are really solid! The frame/slide/barrel/bushing fitment is really smooth and tight. This is on par with their TRP pistol, but it doesn't have any of extra stuff, therefore they can keep the price down to around $700. And to boot, SA has a lifetime warranty on their guns, plus superior customer service.

If you want a budget 1911, then look at Citadel or RIA for a full-size 45. Those guys have great reviews and a strong following within the 1911 community.

Or if you go with the polymer route, I would recommend looking at the S&W M&P45. Those have had a great track record, and the ergos are awesome. I'm actually looking to add a M&P45c to my collection.

i love my kimber ultra carry. I carry that thing everywhere. It's with me more than my m&p 40c. If you buy a kimber make sure you put the 500 rec. rounds threw it or else you will have fte and stupid bullshit issues. Mine was pickey at first, now its butter.

Wow! Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm gonna have to go surf and look at everything. Then, of course, I'm gonna have to rent some at the range and fire off a few rounds before I make my decision.

I'd love to be able to afford that H&K!

I love sigs! I carry a P229 DAK on duty. That gun is bad ash! I've always wanted to buy one to have at home but, there are plenty of other guns out there I'd love to shoot and own.

Kinda the same with bikes I guess. I love my Kawi 650 but, I'm positive there's plenty of fun to be had on other bikes... I'm eyeing that new Kawi Ninja 1000 for example.