unmarked police car making traffic stop?

Steve Butters

They have one of those in Hamilton. They park it in different parts

of town everyday. According to some family I have there' date=' this car uses

photo radar and they send you a ticket. But maybe it is a plate scanner :dunno:

[img']http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/40262_1563956379424_1250791818_1516960_553828_n.jpg

That is a radar car, we have them up here in Cleveland. and they take your picture and send you a lovely little ticket. the messed up part about ours is it had Arizona plates. The other thing we have up here is remote camera set ups. portable and and the post warning signs about them.

They have these all

Over the highway in Indiana. (moved from there 3 years ago, still go back about every week for business). No markings on the car at all. Usually

Mustangs, chargers, etc. Light bars in the window and grill. Can't remember if they had civilian plates, but want to say they were state patrol plates. My understanding is that they HAD to be in uniform to

Make a traffic stop. It made

The news on more than one occasion due to the concern of a fake stop.

Again, this is in Indiana, the state that now says it's ok for popo to enter your house without a warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a radar car, we have them up here in Cleveland. and they take your picture and send you a lovely little ticket. the messed up part about ours is it had Arizona plates. The other thing we have up here is remote camera set ups. portable and and the post warning signs about them.

Arizona plates = RedFlex traffic systems. They run most of the red light / speed cameras.

Wow police are getting sneakier these days. Guess they kinda have to ya know.

In the UK they have average speed cameras. Lots of cameras on a freeway, etc, where they record your license plate and time/location. Next time you pass a camera (couple miles later) they figure out your average speed and if it's above the speed limit for the road then you get a love letter from the local police station.

Used mostly in contruction zones. I can tell you that they are VERY effective at keeping traffic at the speed limit. I've been in and out of the UK several times over the last 3 years and whenever I see the avergae speed cameras EVERYONE is obeying the limit.

Thinkign back to when I lived there full time... The UK motorway limit is 70 and the police woouldn't bother you uless you were over 85. 90+ is definitely a ticket and 100+ is most likely going to be a suspension.

One time I was doing about 100mph on the M25 around London, about the same speed as the subaru in front of me, but 4 seconds behind. Cop comes racing up behind me and gives me the blue lights. I start to pull over and he races past me. I figure he's gonna get the subaru. Nope. Bullies him out the way the keeps on going. Not like we were hurting anyone. Not racing or anything, nobody else around. Cop didn't see us as worth pulling over. Definitely counldn't do that speed here - the freeway surface is too rough and people don't stick to the slow lanes.

But, I did get a ticket for 56 in 50 zone from a camera soon after that. :mad:

They have these all

Over the highway in Indiana. (moved from there 3 years ago, still go back about every week for business). No markings on the car at all. Usually

Mustangs, chargers, etc. Light bars in the window and grill. Can't remember if they had civilian plates, but want to say they were state patrol plates. My understanding is that they HAD to be in uniform to

Make a traffic stop. It made

The news on more than one occasion due to the concern of a fake stop.

Again, this is in Indiana, the state that now says it's ok for popo to enter your house without a warrant.

Indiana is sneaky they run about anything even an ex highway dot pickup. They use the two pickups in construction zones and they are very effective. Indiana also rubs regular license plates on some unmarked cars. I believe some of the vehicles are impounds from drug busts etc. I even saw a geo metro unmarked several years ago.

Kansas state police have several Corvettes

In the UK they have average speed cameras. Lots of cameras on a freeway, etc, where they record your license plate and time/location. Next time you pass a camera (couple miles later) they figure out your average speed and if it's above the speed limit for the road then you get a love letter from the local police station.

Heard some recent controversy on this here in the states as well. So either theyre considering it or are already doing it here in the states.

Indiana is sneaky they run about anything even an ex highway dot pickup. They use the two pickups in construction zones and they are very effective. Indiana also rubs regular license plates on some unmarked cars. I believe some of the vehicles are impounds from drug busts etc.

Forgot about the seized drug bust cars. Those were pretty common too.