need a trackbike...

katanafreak

Hey guys, I got the bug bad! I miss track days! I had to sell my D675 cause of financial reasons last October and now im itchin and twichin like a crack fiend to get back on the track. Problem I am having is that there are not alot of track bikes for sale in the ohio area. I am checking all the normal places like wera, alot of bikes, but not trying to get it shipped or pick it up far away. Looking for a trackbike kinda somewhat local. Any ideas where I might be able to do this at? Anyone know a dealer or something that sells trackbikes, or anyone know anyone close to the cleveland area that is selling a trackbike? I dont need a bike with a title I will never ride street again. Let me know of places I should be checking in ohio please! Thank you for your time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry i have been gone for awhile. I have not found a bike yet. I really want one but i am kinda debating if its worth getting one while im in Ohio. Seems your guys season is not too long up here. Man i have the track bug bad though lol.

My friend Ryan has a zx10 for sale. He raced it last year but is racing his zx6 now. No idea what he wants for it, but I expect it will be pretty affordable.

Track riding in OH is awesome. We have access to grattan, gingerman, Putnam, mid-Ohio, Nelson, and BeaveRun; all within 5 hours and change. If you're willing to drive another hour, add in 3 tracks at summit point. If you're willing to drive 8 hiurs, you add 2 tracks at NJMP and Blackhawk farms.

Out season is short, but robust. A trip to barber in the fall and VIR in the spring adds a few months too.

Honestly, I am over riding in April anymore... I have just spent too many April "trackdays" sitting in the pits drinking beer, because it's 40 degrees and raining.

this is supposed to be FUN, and adverse weather just kills it for me.

Cold is okay, and wet is okay, but cold & wet together are not okay... I ride May - September if I'm lucky. Usually I'm just about out of tires, funds, and time about then.

We have access to grattan, gingerman, Putnam, mid-Ohio, Nelson, and BeaveRun; all within 5 hours and change. If you're willing to drive another hour, add in 3 tracks at summit point. If you're willing to drive 8 hiurs, you add 2 tracks at NJMP and Blackhawk farms.

If you are going to list BlackHawk, might as well throw in Autobahn.

Probably a sore subject but anyone have news on Bluegrass?