Frame Sliders

Jst2fst

Who can do these for me I don't have the tool's needed and I can't trust myself enough to cut into the farings and make a clean cut. I was looking at some no cut ones if anyone knows of any good ones I might just buy them cause I really don't wanna cut into the farings. Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who lowsided with a set of no-cut sliders and the brackets for them just broke and ended up ruining his fairings anyway. I think the normal kind are the way to go, and I'm sure someone on here will have the right tool(hole saw?) to get the holes cut and give you a nice clean look.

I have a friend who lowsided with a set of no-cut sliders and the brackets for them just broke and ended up ruining his fairings anyway.

I have no-cuts on mine, but haven't been down so don't know how they'll hold up.

Who can do these for me I don't have the tool's needed and I can't trust myself enough to cut into the farings and make a clean cut. I was looking at some no cut ones if anyone knows of any good ones I might just buy them cause I really don't wanna cut into the farings. Thanks

For a '03 due to where the ideal mount point is you have to cut the fairings. No exceptions. Sure you might be able to find someplace else to put them, but in a crash you have to start thinking about direction of exerted force, and it's a lot easier to maintain metal integrity with the sliders up higher (where the plastics are) and having the force exerted downward than with the sliders lower (where the plastics aren't), force exerted sideways and have the metal bend or snap off.

TL,DR; man up and buy a holesaw, compass, and some testicles. ;)

I put a laser pointer on a camera tripod for drilling holes in race bodywork. I learned this trick from somebody's slider install writeup.

^^^ This I was reading about it on 600rr.net and they guys said that that method worked out the best.

For a '03 due to where the ideal mount point is you have to cut the fairings. No exceptions. Sure you might be able to find someplace else to put them, but in a crash you have to start thinking about direction of exerted force, and it's a lot easier to maintain metal integrity with the sliders up higher (where the plastics are) and having the force exerted downward than with the sliders lower (where the plastics aren't), force exerted sideways and have the metal bend or snap off.

TL,DR; man up and buy a holesaw, compass, and some testicles. ;)

all this...the no cuts on my 05 were terrible so i promptly got rid of them and put on regular ones

buy a naked sport bike problem solved...LOL..not a pic of my bike but i have the exact same set on mine DSC04940.jpg?t=1303548005

Mmmmmm let me thing about that one Uhhhhh.... Nope. I just bought the CBR in February. Thanks for the chuckle though.:D

Do yourself a favor and keep them in the box and send back and do not put on your bike. We have gotten away from using sliders. They cause the bike to tumble if it runs off the track or road. For street, it makes more sense as you usually are on pavement most the time and rarely get off the road. Track? Not a good idea...

Do yourself a favor and keep them in the box and send back and do not put on your bike. We have gotten away from using sliders. They cause the bike to tumble if it runs off the track or road. For street, it makes more sense as you usually are on pavement most the time and rarely get off the road. Track? Not a good idea...

No I only ride on the street for now I'm just trying to get things on the bike before my trip next month. I was planning on getting them when I got the bike but for got all about them.

I have shogun no cuts on my 07 1k. Been down at speed on the track saved a lot of stuff from damage only replaced my lower fairing (the one around the oil pan).

I have shogun no cuts on my 07 1k. Been down at speed on the track saved a lot of stuff from damage only replaced my lower fairing (the one around the oil pan).

On track, I will argue that idea. The fact is that the sliders will catch off the track surface and can cause a couple of things to happen. 1) they catch and bend thus, wallowing out the engine mounting hole or stripping threads. That's a MAJOR issue that is common. Try getting a wallowed and stripped hole on the engine repaired... 2) they tend to dig in and will lift the bike. Sometimes, enough to cause a flip to occur. No sliders allows the bike to skip like a pebble across a pond and not flip. The sliders point the nose down enough to catch and flip...

Look at any club or AMA grid. Less and less sliders to the point they are rare. Like Rusty suggested. Underfairing sliders are common if used...

It was my one experience with going down but none of that stuff happened with me. Maybe it was a freak occurrence but I went down in turn 5/6 at gingerman last year. The frame slider and rear spool took most of the damage. The bike slid across the track surface to the outside of the track into the grass. I replaced a lower fairing and a stator cover (forgot that). Just my personal experience with shogun no cut frame sliders. I will and do continue to use them. Not trying to say your wrong I'm sure you have more track experience and seen more crashes than me.