Savage 26700

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Savage MK II ( I dont know all the letters after my model). I bought it new last year, but mine does not have the Accu-trigger. So, it seems it is an older version.

It was my first rifle. I am satisfied with it.

Shoots any 22LR ammo, maybe bolt actions are not too picky, like my Marlin 795 semi-auto is.

50 minimags for .22lr is $8, 50 rounds of cci standard for .17hmr is $11. It will take twice as many shots to hit a target past 75 yrds with a .22 so the .17 is cheaper to shoot right? Just kidding the .22lr is a good round for plinking (but the .17 is better).

i dont like .17hmr....they say the barrel needs cleaned every 50 rds or the shots will lose accuracy....so i bought a bore snake for mine, something easy to shove in my pocket while im out shooting

after 45rds, i went to slip the bore snake through the barrel and the residue was enough that it wouldnt let the weight go down the barrel....took me a solid 30 minutes to get the bore snake through the barrel

so essentially, i would have had to get a one piece cleaning rod and carried it around with me if i wanted to go out shooting, and i just wasnt feeling that...after cleaning it one time it went back up for sale

ide like to get another rifle eventually, but i will be getting a bigger caliber that you can actually sit down and shoot and worry about cleaning when you get home

50 minimags for .22lr is $8, 50 rounds of cci standard for .17hmr is $11. It will take twice as many shots to hit a target past 75 yrds with a .22 so the .17 is cheaper to shoot right? Just kidding the .22lr is a good round for plinking (but the .17 is better).

:rolleyes: each round has its positives and negatives. Neither is superior they both have different applications. I would rather spend the 3¢ a round vs the 22¢.

Adam go with the 22 you don't plan on hunting with it, you are more likely to plink at the range. And even if you did wanna take it ground hog hunting I killed a ground hog at around 50 yards with my 10/22.

Edited by kawi kid

:rolleyes: each round has its positives and negatives. Neither is superior they both have different applications. I would rather spend the 3¢ a round vs the 22¢.

Adam go with the 22 you don't plan on hunting with it, you are more likely to plink at the range. And even if you did wanna take it ground hog hunting I killed a ground hog at around 50 yards with my 10/22.

yeah I dont plan on hunting with it if I need to kill some thing ill take the mosin out and blow a ground hog up haha. I just want a cheap gun to have bottle cap competitions with my buddys

Like I said he posted he has a sig 22lr to eat cheap bulk ammo. If he is looking for a bolt gun that is gonna be more accurate for slower paced target shooting that a .17 is better then a .22lr you guys and your 22lr gheesh. And as far as cleaning the hmr i have gone to the range and shot over 100 rounds and saw no loss in accuracy. When I got home I cleaned it with a rod and brush the with cotton patch and it was not dirty at all?

Hey Kawi or Adam if you guys want to go shoot sometime let me know I have been wanting a good outdoor shooting trip.

Like I said he posted he has a sig 22lr to eat cheap bulk ammo. If he is looking for a bolt gun that is gonna be more accurate for slower paced target shooting that a .17 is better then a .22lr you guys and your 22lr gheesh. And as far as cleaning the hmr i have gone to the range and shot over 100 rounds and saw no loss in accuracy. When I got home I cleaned it with a rod and brush the with cotton patch and it was not dirty at all?

Hey Kawi or Adam if you guys want to go shoot sometime let me know I have been wanting a good outdoor shooting trip.

You raise a good point. I have never even seen a 17hmr haha how far arae the accurate out too?

Will do. BTW Brian, Javis and I were out at the range untill like 2am the other day blasting away with the 22 pistols

When I go to he range I like to be able to pack light. I grab my 22 pistol and my 22 rifle. I grab onee box of ammo and my ear muffs. Im sure adam does the same thing. And I also like to keep a nice stock pile of ammo around my house. The less number of caliber guns I have the less I have to stock.

The 17 is a good round for hunting not going out and blowing steam at the range. If I ever get the chance to go out west and prarrie dog hunt ill buy one, but for all intents and purposes here a 22 will do the exact same thing.

The savage with the accutrigger is amazing I have one in 243. If you wanna play with it let me know and ill let you fondle it. Its a lot like the trigger on my ar I showed you and you played with except the savage is adjustable the giessel isn't.