2006 GSXR Front Wheel Drag?

madcat6183

K tried that, seemed to help a little, Im going to go at it more tomorrow night. Let me clarify the "floating" rotors, on both rotors he removed the outside washers, not the inside. FRom my understanding that is because he did not remove the rotors from the wheel so he couldnt do the inside.

I might do that this weekend too, I have some time to work on the bike and figure it might help from what I have read.

Gixxie and KTM, did you guys do a floating coversion up front, or already buy nicer aftermarket rotors, I am guessing nicer rotors lol.

We don't do the conversion with removing the washers. Not sure how he did the outside ones as they are on the back. The front side or outside, are the buttons. Doubt he did that... They'd be REALLY floating rotors at that point.

The thing is that the bike will get rolling and the pads will be fine. The drag is usually when the bike is cold and hasn't been run. Go out and run a session and come back and try it. It will be better...

Anyways, we do use the new Galfer Superbike rotors and the same thing really. Drags a bit.

It has nothing to do with the bike itself or really the rotors. My KTM with Brembo calipers is way better and spins MUCH better. So do the 2011 GSXR 600/750s...

Could it be the wheel barring itself? I would take the calipers off and see if the drag is still there

Guys, everyone is over analyzing this. With race pads, you get drag on GSXRs and really, other bikes also. Vs stock pads and with the stock clips in, they will not drag near as much if at all.

Relax, folks. It's perfectly fine. I would worry more about the washer removal than anything...

Try to go about 50 mph apply the brakes down to 15 mph to bed the brakes to the rotors. If you have brake drag. My hayabusa was doing it after I put new pads on the front and back had to bed them if that dont work try a green scott pad and rub the rotors down to clean the rotors

Try to go about 50 mph apply the brakes down to 15 mph to bed the brakes to the rotors. If you have brake drag. My hayabusa was doing it after I put new pads on the front and back had to bed them if that dont work try a green scott pad and rub the rotors down to clean the rotors

Bedding in brake pads is an old school thing and not needed anymore.

Thanks to all, I decided to say F it and listen to the people with experience here who said it is normal and not something to concern with. I figure when it comes time to get new rotors maybe that will improve it(most likely sooner than later), but until then, the bike was fast at Nelson and I will continue to run as is.

Thanks for everyones opinions, and help.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to give one final writeup on this, once I found out I am slightly retarded this past weekend and give a HUGE thanks to Mr. Kalar(Dubguys dad) for being way smart, and SUPA FAST.

I had the freaking spacer on the wrong side of the front wheel. Stock these come with 1 spacer for the axle nut side, the other side the axle acts as the spacer once installed. So basically the wheel was off center. Im a moron, end of story.

I had Michelin Rep at STT Grattan mount power pures and Mr. Kalar was helping us put the wheels back on Andys and my bike and told me this fact.

Bike makes over 2 rotations now, because I was stupid.

I wanted to give one final writeup on this, once I found out I am slightly retarded this past weekend and give a HUGE thanks to Mr. Kalar(Dubguys dad) for being way smart, and SUPA FAST.

I had the freaking spacer on the wrong side of the front wheel. Stock these come with 1 spacer for the axle nut side, the other side the axle acts as the spacer once installed. So basically the wheel was off center. Im a moron, end of story.

I had Michelin Rep at STT Grattan mount power pures and Mr. Kalar was helping us put the wheels back on Andys and my bike and told me this fact.

Bike makes over 2 rotations now, because I was stupid.

WERD!!!!!!!!!! Glad you got it figured out! U were lookin smooth at Grattan good sir!