deals gap story on front page

serpentracer

hey guys/gals, I wanted to share some info about the story on the front page about the supposed crack down at Deal's Gap.

seems the warning may be bogus,

as posted on www.tailofthedragon.com

"We have received numerous emails concerning the recent posting on the Internet by a supposed Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper warning of dire consequences on the Dragon this coming year for speeders. We do not post rumors on this site so we contacted Captain Ray Fletcher of the Knoxville Division Tennessee Highway Patrol. He confirmed as we had believed that some of the details in the post are completely false, such as the immediate arrest and impoundment of vehicles for speeding over 50 mph on the Dragon.

Captain Fletcher was not able to comment on whether or not the post was made by a Trooper, but some of the language, unusual statements and obvious errors as stated above make us believe the post was by someone other than who supposedly signed their name and position to it. Obviously a real Trooper would not jeopardize his job by signing such a post.

Captain Fletcher stated that the laws will be enforced on the Dragon as they are on all Tennessee roadways. Tail of the Dragon advises riders to obey the laws and they will have no trouble with the Tennessee Highway Patrol or Blount County Sheriff Deputies.

We will post relevant news as it occurs in the coming year. Watch for continuous updates."

just thought I'd share. these type of rumors have been going on for a few years now and it seems like every year they get wackier and wackier

:nono:

And that's why Whitey started it with: "I saw this on another site and don't know how true this is but I figured I would post if up. Maybe someone knows if its a hoax or not." I'll confirm on the front page it is indeed a hoax.

Thanks serpentracer!!!