Late night wheelie collision next to my neighborhood

NinjaNick

Nobody's wishing it upon you, but nobody would be surprised if it happens either. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say you've probably rarely if ever touched alcohol, never seen over 100mph (that 185 in kph?), never raced a Mustang flapping your arms or whatever, have never seen 10s, etc. My guess is you're a young kid, still wet behind the ears, riding on daddy's motorcycle shirt-tail. Talking a big game is not impressive around here. Chill. Settle in. If you haven't already, take the MSF class. Always your gear. Respect other riders. You'll get the hang of things eventually.

I agree with you on everything except the "never seeing over 100 MPH". At 19 years old, your balls are at least 3X the size of your brain. If you are riding an 1100cc motorcycle, I guarantee it has been WOT over a multiple mile stretch at least once. Take into account the lack of cranial capacity of a 19 year old and a 20% fudge factor on the $1.85 statement and he was actually looking at a speed of about 150 MPH. That isn't inconceivable. I know that I did 140 (fudge factor corrected) on an 1100 in my early 20's. The difference is that my balls were at least 10 times the size of my brain and I was Superman! I didn't need any of that girly safety equipment either!! I will tell you that there is hope however. At some point your balls shrink (I think marriage does it) and you begin to use your head for something other than a place to hang your sunglasses.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you on everything except the "never seeing over 100 MPH". At 19 years old, your balls are at least 3X the size of your brain. If you are riding an 1100cc motorcycle, I guarantee it has been WOT over a multiple mile stretch at least once. Take into account the lack of cranial capacity of a 19 year old and a 20% fudge factor on the $1.85 statement and he was actually looking at a speed of about 150 MPH. That isn't inconceivable. I know that I did 140 (fudge factor corrected) on an 1100 in my early 20's. The difference is that my balls were at least 10 times the size of my brain and I was Superman! I didn't need any of that girly safety equipment either!! I will tell you that there is hope however. At some point your balls shrink (I think marriage does it) and you begin to use your head for something other than a place to hang your sunglasses.

This is exactly why chose to not start riding until I turned 30. I knew I had more testosterone than sense in my 20s. As soon as I reached a point where looking at a sport bike turned from; "That looks like speed heaven on wheels" to "That looks like back pain on wheels!" I knew I could get a motorbike without worrying about me doing myself in through gonad-fueled stupidity.

Cagers make the roads a risky place to be already. Why would you go out of your way to make it even more dangerous??

This is exactly why chose to not start riding until I turned 30. I knew I had more testosterone than sense in my 20s. As soon as I reached a point where looking at a sport bike turned from; "That looks like speed heaven on wheels" to "That looks like back pain on wheels!" I knew I could get a motorbike without worrying about me doing myself in through gonad-fueled stupidity.

Cagers make the roads a risky place to be already. Why would you go out of your way to make it even more dangerous??

You missed a lot of good times. That whole line about young and stupid vs. old and wise is true, but I had some great (but stupid) times on a sportbike in my 20's. My wife laughs now when I see kids doing the same things I did, and am shaking my head or grumbling about it.

You missed a lot of good times. That whole line about young and stupid vs. old and wise is true, but I had some great (but stupid) times on a sportbike in my 20's. My wife laughs now when I see kids doing the same things I did, and am shaking my head or grumbling about it.

"There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are very few old, bold bikers." ;)

l-o-l

you said motorbike.

silly brits.