Pro Wrestler Randy 'Macho Man' Savage Dies in Car Accident

InyaAzz

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/05/20/pro-wrestler-randy-macho-man-savage-dies-car-accident-report-says/

Pro wrestling superstar Randy "Macho Man" Savage died after having a heart attack while driving his Jeep Wrangler, Fox News confirms.

The accident happened in Seminole, Fla.

A source tells Fox News that he "suffered a heart attack while driving and hit a tree."

Florida Highway Patrol said Savage, 58, leapt a concrete median, veered into oncoming traffic and smashed into a tree head on.

He died from his injuries at largo Medical Center.

Pro Wrestlers Come and Gone

The life of a professional wrestler has been unkind to many, as they have battled their own demons and personal tragedies.

Savage, whose real name is Randy Poffo, had just celebrated his first wedding anniversary with his wife Lynn. It was his second marriage. His first wife died of a drug overdose shortly after their divorce in 1992.

Lynn was in the car at the time of the accident. She suffered only minor injuries.

World Wrestling Entertainment said in a statement that Savage's death was a huge loss.

"WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Superstars of his time, Randy Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Poffo was under contract with WWE from 1985 to 1993 and held both the WWE and Intercontinental Championships. Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. We wish a speedy recovery to his wife Lynn. Poffo will be greatly missed by WWE and his fans."

The wrestling world took to Twitter to grieve over the former wrestler.

"He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him," Hulk Hogan posted on his Twitter account.

"RIP Randy 'Macho Man' Savage - you were one of my childhood inspirations and heros. Strength, love and prayers to the Savage/Poffo family," Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said on Twitter.

"I lost a close friend today. If anybody in heaven is wondering who the cat in the ugly cowboy hat is it's Randy. Love you Bro. Never another," Kevin Nash tweeted.

Savage helped put WWF wrestling on the map in the 1980s and '90s, becoming, along with Hulk Hogan, one of its biggest draws. His outrageous outfits and bellowing voice made him a fan favorite.

I can't make this stuff up:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/20/2310210/conagra-wraps-up-slim-jim-line.html

ConAgra wraps up N.C. Slim Jim line

Nearly two years after an explosion rocked the ConAgra Foods plant on Jones Sausage Road, the final Garner-made Slim Jims will roll out today.

The company is shutting down production as it shifts its meat-snacks operation to a plant in Troy, Ohio. At the Garner plant that has employed thousands of people since it opened more than 40 years ago, and most of the more than 200 remaining workers will be out of a job.

"We'll start the process of shutting it down and turning it over to the town," said ConAgra spokesman Dave Jackson. Later this year, the Omaha, Neb.-based company is donating the factory and 106 acres near Interstate 40.

ConAgra is leaving, but Garner officials have big hopes for the site. Two food-manufacturing companies have already toured the plant, and four more have expressed interest, said Tony Beasley, Garner's economic development director.

Garner wants companies that will create good jobs to replace the ConAgra positions, Beasley said.

On June 9, 2009, an explosion caused by natural gas crumbled walls and sent debris flying. Three workers died, and a contractor was mortally injured.

Garner and North Carolina officials tried to persuade ConAgra to rebuild, but the company decided it would be cheaper to transfer production to Ohio. Until the blast, Garner had been the world's only Slim Jim production site.

The plant has been a mainstay in town since the 1960s when it operated as the Jesse Jones Sausage factory. General Mills later bought the plant and began making Slim Jims there. Goodmark Foods eventually bought the Slim Jim brand, and the company merged with ConAgra in 1998.

In 2007, ConAgra began a $38.5million project to upgrade and automate production lines.

Over the decades, the plant has provided decent-paying jobs in this blue-collar town southeast of Raleigh. At the time of the blast, the plant had about 900 workers.

As production was scaled back, hundreds of workers were laid off. In November 2009, 250 workers were let go, Jackson said. An additional 243 were laid off last month.

Starting next week, a crew of fewer than 20 workers will return to shut down the facility and clean up, Jackson said.

That sucks RIP Macho Man. I read this on yahoo earlier and I lol'd at one of the comments saying "I think folding chairs would be a bad idea at the funeral..." In all seriousness he was one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid, thanks for the memories Randy!

I think the Macho Man and Hulk Hogan literally built the WWF(E) on their backs. i was into wrestling too when I was a kid...who wasn't?!? Always liked the Macho Man. RIP

It will always be the "WWF" to me ;)

I think the Macho Man and Hulk Hogan literally built the WWF(E) on their backs. i was into wrestling too when I was a kid...who wasn't?!? Always liked the Macho Man. RIP

0520-randy-savage-wife-lynne-payne-getty-swipe-2-credit.jpg

WOW, I haven't seen him for AGES! Wow has he aged! :eek: He was one of my favorites and even though his life affects me not one bit...I am still saddened by his passing. He was a part of my childhood fo'sho.:bow:

one of my faves, right behind rick flair and roddy piper. i also thought ultimate warrior was baller, but i think there were several different ones, so i always thought of him as a bot.

WOW, I haven't seen him for AGES! Wow has he aged! :eek: He was one of my favorites and even though his life affects me not one bit...I am still saddened by his passing. He was a part of my childhood fo'sho.:bow:

If you die that hair black...he looks pretty much the same!

one of my faves, right behind rick flair and roddy piper. i also thought ultimate warrior was baller, but i think there were several different ones, so i always thought of him as a bot.

I have to admit being ghey for the Ultimate Warrior too. I thought he was the shit back then. Of course now when I read about the screwed up interviews and the wackiness, I have to laugh. There was a time when the WWF(E) removed any mention of him from their records due to the conflict between him and JM. Not sure if that's the case today, but I did see one of my kids playing a demo on the 360 and he was in it, so I guess C.R.E.A.M.