motorcycle collides with truck

Fazerlady

I'm curious to know what went wrong.....I've been riding that area for almost 20 years, its fairly flat and no sharp turns through there.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/motorcycle-crash-sends-two-to-the-hospital

The report says the rider just recieved his MC endorsement that day. Newbie rider mistake again.

There has been too many new rider crashes lately, maybe there is something the OR group can do to get the word out that riding a motorcyle is a skill and not a whole lot different than flying a Cessna to help?

Edited by mello dude

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/motorcycle-crash-sends-two-to-the-hospital

The report says the rider just recieved his MC endorsement that day. Newbie rider mistake again.

There has been too many new rider crashes lately, maybe there is something the OR group can do to get the word out that riding a motorcyle is a skill and not a whole lot different than flying a Cessna to help?

Isn't that what the MSF course is for? Usually the exercises they have you do show that you don't always know everything. I wonder if he took a class or not. I can't be too critical as I just took the test for my endorsement but have since taken the advanced class. I always felt like I missed out on something for not taking the full class for the endorsement.

Hope the're ok too. I'm just saying it seems like the message is not getting out that while riding is fun, it takes a commitment on how to learn to ride to be safe and stay alive. Not that much different from flying an airplane.

The guy gets his endorsement, grabs his wife, first day of riding in life, no helmet, and gets in a wreck. As an experienced rider, I just cringe.