Bored...Whatcha think?

chevysoldier

Which do you like better?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

The first one it screams motorcycling to me.

The second one says I took a picture in front of the house. I would crop the pic down till Ohio riders was just above the bikes at the angle.

Just my opinion. And I don't know shit about photography.

On the second, the shy in the background is blown out (too bright to show anything other than just white) and the already mentioned dead space. It could be cropped down, but you'd still have some of the blown out sky, although it might not be so bad with less of it.

The first one is pretty good.

• Upvote 1

More than the "dead space" in the second picture, your lines of focus are contradicting. The line of tires leads your eye down the row, then the OR logo leads it in another direction.

• Upvote 1

The first one it screams motorcycling to me.

The second one says I took a picture in front of the house. I would crop the pic down till Ohio riders was just above the bikes at the angle.

Just my opinion. And I don't know shit about photography.

I see what you're saying and agree.

Neither. I can't see a single tittie.:(:p

Sorry. :(

Second one has too much "empty" space that doesn't really add to the picture. Agreed with all above, cropping the second one could help bring it up to the awesomeness of picture one.

Agreed.

Either is fine since my bike is in both ;)

:rolleyes:

First is better. Don't like text on either. What exactly did you do in PS?

I have them without the OR logos, but was just trying something new. I adjusted the coloring slightly and cropped them in PS.

On the second, the shy in the background is blown out (too bright to show anything other than just white) and the already mentioned dead space. It could be cropped down, but you'd still have some of the blown out sky, although it might not be so bad with less of it.

The first one is pretty good.

You're right about the sky. I am fining it difficult to not have my skies blown out. I wish I would have shot these in RAW though, I would have had more to work with it.

Why not make ones of the other pictures you took while we were there.... :D

:lol:

More than the "dead space" in the second picture, your lines of focus are contradicting. The line of tires leads your eye down the row, then the OR logo leads it in another direction.

Absolutely correct. For some reason I couldn't tell what was bothering me about this shot until you said this.

First one is cool but the first bike isn't a ohiorider member, but other than that its cool

Yeah I know.

You can't photoshop a logo with a white-transparant outline over a dark background :(

Erase the white background and or add a consistent 1 px stroke around it

I pulled the logo from this thread: http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=70889&highlight=logo

You're talking about getting rid of the white outline on it correct? What do you mean with the "1 px stroke"? I'm new to the DSLR and PS world. :)

both are bad because there is no R6 front and center.

jk, i like the first one for reasons already stated.

but surusly - no r6...

Picky Picky. :D

Thanks for all the input from everyone. I wholeheartedly agree with all the comments.

a stroke is line around something, and 1px = 1 pixel. for example;

examplein.png

the stroked type has a 2px red stroke, and the unstroked type has a 0px stroke as it has no stroke at all.

also, the grey in the logotype is a bit hard to read with the multi-color background. if you get rid of the stroke I would think about putting something behind the type so it stands out from the photo a bit better otherwise it will be lost.

as for which image; the first one is better at the moment, but i think with some cropping you could make the 2nd image look good as well. if you have higher resolution versions to work with i would play around with cropping the 2nd image down a bit so more of the image is filled with the bikes, kind of like the first image. the reason i suggest doing this is you would have more room to play around with the ohio riders logo in the second image if you have a higher resolution master. white/negative space is typically a good thing as it gives the viewer a bit of breathing room and doesnt leave the image feeling claustrophobic. the trick is knowing where your focal point is set and balancing your focal point with the negative space. focal hierarchy is the most important factor when dealing with any image, and it's what you should use as a foundation when putting together any type of imagery or typography.

Edited by what
forgot to mention px definition

You're right about the sky. I am fining it difficult to not have my skies blown out. I wish I would have shot these in RAW though, I would have had more to work with it.

Underexpose. In that case, I would have made 2 shots, one as is, and another with the shutter speed cranked up, or the aperture cranked down (higher number) to get the background. I'm not proficient enough to do it, but you can combine the 2 such as would be done for a HDR picture. With the little bit that's blown out, I think just stopping it down a couple stops would have helped, then bring everything else back up in PS. I am a total PS noob, and can't do much more than levels and color balance, and maybe adding a logo.