Hot Weather CCW Holster Help

CoolWhip

Hey All,

With the hot weather coming on I really need some help finding a holster for CCW. Normally in the warm weather I am in jeans and a t-shirt (unless I am riding). This outfit doesn't generally help hide a 4" Springfield xD very well. Do you guys have any suggestions for holsters? How do you carry in hot weather? I have been leaning towards a small of back holster because I have lower spine compensatory lordosis, which causes my lower back to sway in, giving me "extra space" to store my firearm. I have heard a lot of people discourage the use of SOB holsters though, so I am undecided. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

jeans and t shirt seems like perfect outfit for carry? a good IWB holster will secure nicely in your jeans then the shirt will come down over the holster.....what holster do you currently use? is it a generic "one size fits most" type deal? if so, you may find it better to carry with something made specifically for your gun....i cant comment too much from experience, just what i was told and why i purchased my mtac and my raven for mine, they conceal nicely and in shorts and a cutoff shirt i can conceal without printing very much (the MTAC atleast....just placed order for the raven today)

jeans and t shirt seems like perfect outfit for carry? a good IWB holster will secure nicely in your jeans then the shirt will come down over the holster.....what holster do you currently use? is it a generic "one size fits most" type deal? if so, you may find it better to carry with something made specifically for your gun....i cant comment too much from experience, just what i was told and why i purchased my mtac and my raven for mine, they conceal nicely and in shorts and a cutoff shirt i can conceal without printing very much (the MTAC atleast....just placed order for the raven today)

Dude I don't even want to know why your wearing cut off t-shirts and how are you hiding your gun like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQayrsQ9XYs :D

Do you guys have specific brands, types, or models of holsters you would suggest?

my mtac is very comfortable....ive heard that raven too, but i havent gotten mine yet to actually give a review....only ordered the raven so i have the option of a WML, comptac wouldnt accomodate that....but i wont be getting rid of it

if i were you, i would get an mtac and give it a try and see how you like it

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

For the xd I would say the top three pics on this forum seem to be the comp-tac, the k holster and the crossbreed. I use the crossbreed supertuck for summer carry iwb with my xd9sc. Like it alot. I also have a small pocket .380 for summer carry as well.

my mtac is very comfortable....ive heard that raven too, but i havent gotten mine yet to actually give a review....only ordered the raven so i have the option of a WML, comptac wouldnt accomodate that....but i wont be getting rid of it

if i were you, i would get an mtac and give it a try and see how you like it

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

Thanks, tbut. I ordered this one and we will see how it is in the hot weather.

For the xd I would say the top three pics on this forum seem to be the comp-tac, the k holster and the crossbreed. I use the crossbreed supertuck for summer carry iwb with my xd9sc. Like it alot. I also have a small pocket .380 for summer carry as well.

How is the supertuck? Do you have a link for that?

get a smaller gun :dunno:

I've been looking into the Glock 30, but they are really hard to find. I have HUGE hands so "small" guns do not fit my hands well at all. I practice with my handguns usually twice a month, so that much shooting with a small gun would be difficult and painful for me. I used to shoot my dad's sub compact .380 and I got cut by the slide multiple times.