New lid for me! =)

thirdgenlxi

Just picked this bad boy up saturday, as I've been getting more and more fed up lately with my damn 1.5 year old Scorpion EXO-1000 that's seemingly forever falling apart. I got tired of trying to fix it so out it goes, and back to Shoei I go, lol. Had an '06 RF-1000 that I had for almost 5 years and 147k miles of use and it was fantastic, then got lured into the EXO-1000 by some of it's fancy farkles, which were definitely cool, but they just don't hold up to the kind of serious use that I put my gear through.

Picked this up off craigslist, it's literally in like new condition and not so much as a scratch on it anywhere. You'd never even know it had been worn (dude said it got worn 6 times.... sold his bike so selling all the gear too). Just had to go up to Knoxville, TN saturday to pick it up (but ended having to go to Knoxville saturday for a funeral anyways, so it wasn't even an extra trip). Dude was real cool and held it all week for me since monday without even paying him for it yet

RF-1100 Hadron

33570765.jpg

48c6e3b5.jpg

7c042489.jpg

Wore it all day today on my way home from Franklin, NC (~9 hr ride, even though it's only like 3 hrs away, if that.... I have a bad habit of taking the super scenic route, lol), and it was sooooooooo much better! More comfortable, doesn't give me a headache after a couple hours, much lighter, and the ventilation is insane! Now I just need to pick up a tinted visor and I'll be all set. Now I may send the Scorpion in and try and get everything that's broken on it fixed under warranty, and just keep it as a spare or for passengers if I ever actually take any

And yea... you guys would hate me if I told you what I paid for it....

I also have an EXO-1000 and regret purchasing it even though I bought it at half price. I am sure it offers just as much protection as the Shoei but they are worlds apart in build quality and in my opinion not worth the money savings to put up with the little nagging inferior characteristics of the Scorpion.

Liking the helmet.

I can not get over the mileage on your bike.

Honda should give you a new CBR for I am betting you have the highest mileage sportbike on this earth.

That is a possibility..... and I wouldn't argue! haha

I also have an EXO-1000 and regret purchasing it even though I bought it at half price. I am sure it offers just as much protection as the Shoei but they are worlds apart in build quality and in my opinion not worth the money savings to put up with the little nagging inferior characteristics of the Scorpion.

Yea same here other than all the stupid little crap breaking it's not a bad helmet.... I love the designs and it was pretty quiet and comfy, and the flip down visor was fantastic before it broke (lol), but with as much as I ride I can't have stuff constantly breaking on me, I just need something that works right, every time. And the sad part is, at least when I bought my Scorpion, it really wasn't 'that' much less than the Shoei's. The one I had was $333 OTD... still a good difference but not like it's one of the $150 HJC's

lol, I thought the mileage in his signature was a typo.

Hahah nope no typo's.... I like to ride... ALOT! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs8I8fYNNG0

Thanks guys!! Yea I really love this thing alot! Nice and comfy like my old RF-1000 was, but now a little lighter too! I definitely have to get a tinted or mirrored visor though... riding to work in the mornings with the clear one going against the sun, I almost can't even keep my eyes open, lol