those ducs are too fast - weight rule changed in AMA

natedogg624

I knew this was coming.

If anyone other than the Big 4 win a race they go crying to the AMA. Yay cookie cutter racing.

Edit: Sidenote...I'm still suprised that the Triumph 675 isn't more competitive.

Edited by Tpoppa

Help me out with this, does this just mean they have to shed some weight from the bike?

the 4cyl can drop some weight, the 2cyls have to gain some weight. the three cyls - well they don't matter lol sorry adam

i think this change will be just enough to keep the racing a little closer. the ducs have been killing it these first two weekends.

Next will be arguments about WHERE the ducs are ALLOWED to station the added ballast......jap mfg's are a bunch of whiny tearbags......freakin suck it up and find more speed, or develop your own v2's already!!

:cry: Our 4 cylinders can't keep up.

:bow: Vtwins rule :D

Shut up bitch!

From what I am able to understand of this situation is the weight penalty to the 848cc twins get won't change their performance because they are already over the minimum. It might change the 600cc I4s performance but not very negligible.

If anyone other than the Big 4 win a race they go crying to the AMA.

Unfortunately the "Big 4" don't give a :shit: about the AMA anymore.

I'm pissed that the Big 4 need twice as many cylinders and valves just to compete with the Ducs.

I assume this is sarcasm considering the 250cc handicap...

Just remember that Ducati hasn't had a package that has been this dominate for years. They are inconsistent in that regard. They develop a 130 hp stock bike and no matter what you guys may believe, when compared to the I4s, the power delivery is different and the starting point is not the same. Truth be told, it really shouldn't be allowed to compete against I4 600s...

But, in the coming years, the Big 4 will develop better bikes as usual and Ducati will play catch up for a few years until this happens again and we do the same dance.

My opinion is that 5 pounds is pretty minimal and honestly, means the I4s are pretty damn good...

they should allow suzuki to run their 750 :rolleyes: there would still be a 100cc handicap vs the duc

In a 600 series class, that makes sense:nono:...you can't compare twin CC to the same level on a I4, they are not the same

There is so much more than goes into racing than ccs.

If every bike has to be the exact same spec you have well...NASCAR. Racing different engine configurations makes for better racing. There is a lot more involved than displacement. Just ask the SCCA.

In a 600 series class, that makes sense:nono:...you can't compare twin CC to the same level on a I4, they are not the same

you could just have the 600s drop another 5 pounds and have the 750 add 5 :D. i guess you did not get the sarcasm from my first post. the main point is that the supersport class is based around i4 600s. when you start adding in all these wildcard bikes you will have to make adjustments to keep them all competitive. the thread was not going anywhere so i was just adding to the absurdity ....

Considering every class is CC based, you can't just let a bike run away with it cough cough buell cough. They keep raising the twin CC to get them more competitive, looks like it finally worked. Every bike with be strong in an area but they still have to be on somewhat equal terms. I'm not shocked they are adding the weight and hope it brings the racing closer together.

Considering every class is CC based, you can't just let a bike run away with it cough cough buell cough. They keep raising the twin CC to get them more competitive, looks like it finally worked. Every bike with be strong in an area but they still have to be on somewhat equal terms. I'm not shocked they are adding the weight and hope it brings the racing closer together.

Nope. Every class is HP based. Ran away? Are you sure? Eslick just didn't crash the title away that year like the others riders.

Cough Buell cough.

The 1125 that raced in Datoyna Sportbike was 135-140hp with a weight penalty. The 1125 that raced Superbike was 175 HP.

Displacement is less of a factor than the mods allowed to each platform.