Looking for new hand Levers

wht_scorpion

I just put on ASV C5 shorties a couple weeks ago. I had initially planned to do the shorty brake, long clutch, but decided on shorties for both sides.

Honestly, I love them. I got used to the clutch being a short lever in about a day. I usually would brake with two fingers already, so that was a non-issue. Yes, a long (standard) lever for the clutch would be a bit nicer if you sit in a lot of traffic, but I do my fair share, and the shorty doesn't really bother me anymore.

All-in-all, it comes down to personal preference. As I said, a long clutch lever would be more comfortable if you're in a lot of stop-and-go traffic, but the shorty isn't THAT bad in comparison, IMHO. If anything, if you know anybody running shorties, see if they'll let you get a feel for them (not necessarily ride).

As for adjustability, pretty much all of them will have it. Most of them will just have the six settings for adjustment (which is typically enough). The ASV's (not sure of any others) have a wheel that allow for numerous, and very pin-point adjustment settings.

Oh, they look hella-nice too. :D

I agree with BonkerS. I put FP racing on my gixxer and the only compliant is the stop and go in traffic, your hand starts to cramp up because your using muscles your not use to using. Then you will just get use to it, no big deal. My FP's were only $134 i think, those ASV are more like $200 and i think pazzo's are around $170.

It depends on what you like, levers are personal preference only pretty much. I like the feel of shorty levers, so that is what I run. I even chop down OEM levers until I can get shorties. Short levers also stay in tact better during a crash. Personally, I like shorty levers and symmetry, so I would never run a longer clutch (I usually use just 2 fingers for the clutch anyway).

personally, i really think levers are a cosTmetic (sic) modification.

If you're doing it for looks, then by all means, go with shorties on both sides. I agree that they look better.

I have them on my bike, and I like them, but I find myself adjusting them all the way out anyway, and if they broke, I would not want to spend the $$$ to replace them. The $200 buy-in buys a LOT of replacement stock levers. (CRG's were on my bike when i bought it)

Fp makes Fp its there own company, google fp racing levers. I too ordered mine from motomummy.com, always free shipping. They are a sponsor of another forum i go to. I would prolly stick to the ones that have been listed above as they are the popular ones for a reason. But its your money, so if you like something else then by all means.

edit: ah damn, had a whole spiel written up about how great active levers that gp tech sells only to realize you ride a lazyboy couch.

Funny HaHa your right don't take much to get a lot of power out of my bike lazy at the wrist

whoah... just googled those active levers. they rotate with the throttle, right?

would that be legal on a track or something, though?

Not sure what you mean by rotate with the throttle. They swing up or down in the event of a crash. They are fine for the track just don't let people play with them as they can wear out.