F-up of the weekend

Beegreenstrings

Lets here them. Hopefully I am not the only one.

Stopped and got gas yesterday at state and main in Zanesville before I took off for the Lake. Got gas, shoved the money clip back in my back pocket (while still seated on the bike, guessing this was the fub of the day). Took off down the road. On 40 about 6 miles out of town I felt something move in my back pocket, as I reached back I felt my money clip falling out of my pocket. Quick look in the mirror I see my money clip take a flying tumble on 40 and see cash cards and I.D. going everywhere. :waaa:

HOLY F...

I got it all back but only after 1/2 dozen people ran over everything...

the only f up I had this weekend was making a really awesome rub for the ribs I smoked and making them too spicy for most people at the party. This pleased me as that means I was left with tons of leftovers!

Wasnt me that had one but my girl did... Was loading my boat on the trailer yesterday and she was standing on the tailgate of my truck as i was pulling on the trailer and she was trying to help out, well when she leaned forward to hook the trailer winch on the hook out comes her I phone from her front pocket and into Buckeye Lake it went!! :cry: whole way home from there was bad!!

I may have to get one of these. I never lost my wallet riding but cell phone, keys, work badge all have bit the dust.

I have one, and it seriously is thinner than a normal wallet. The only thing is that if you have about 13 cards (speedway, library, ymca, credit, etc) it won't have as much room for cash (maybe 4-5 bills), but I still love it for how organized it is.

Managed to burn the hell out of my hands yesterday to the point I almost went to the ER and had to cancel my work trip this week.

This = major fail :D that sucks. Last year around this time I burnt my leg riding a 2smoker with shorts on.

Edited by Monstrosity
hung over

Had my first bike "crash"(?)

Pulling out of a parking lot with the engine still cold and it stalled. Drop the bike on its right side and hit the ground pretty hard. :eek:

Luckily the crash guard and hand guards prevented any damage to the bike and the only thing wounded was my pride.

However that accident lead to another almost mistake where I ran wide on a different right hand turn from stop. :nono:

I need to go do some practice to make sure my head is back on straight.

Craig

This = masturbation fail :D

Ftfy

Drunkenly called the first guy I ever dated for a ride since I couldn't get ahold of a taxi and didn't feel like walking 10 miles to get home. Thank god he didn't pick up and I was able to get a cab.

Edited by gen3flygirl
  • Upvote 1

Got an alert Saturday night/Sunday morning at 12:29 - the data center at work was throwing "temperature alerts".

Ride from the cabin at Apple Valley to the north side of C-Bus. Both air conditioning units had failed, temp in the d.c. was at 102.2 F.

Lotsa servers and one of the SANs weren't happy.

Opened doors, cranked up fans, removed ceiling tiles, tried to cool things down while the HVAC guy did his thing.

Got home around 6AM with all production servers up and semi-happy.

Temp in the d.c. this morning is a nice 60 F, and everything's back up.

No data lost, which is a good thing... :D

Cut the weekend short, but meh, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ftfy

Drunkenly called the first guy I ever dated for a ride since I couldn't get ahold of a taxi and didn't feel like walking 10 miles to get home. Thank god he didn't pick up and I was able to get a cab.

I got your call. I was too busy watching tv to pick up the phone. :)

• Upvote 1

Wasn't me but my buddy was learning to ride with my bike. He did fine until he stopped. Don't know what he was thinking but lost his footing and over goes the bike! He's kinda short like midget Todd short. I was PISSED! Luckily it didn't do much damage. It did scratch the right side plastic a little but nothing too crazy. I already have a scratched up left fairing so whatever. I might be buying some new plastics soon if i dont sell it today. Let's just say that was the last time he rode it.

I was using a hammer-stapler (used to stapling down roofing felt) to re-attach some insulation bats that came loosein my workshop. First 6 staples went in fine. Number 7 staple went in... my left index finger.

I'm leaving the blood on the floor. More manly.

Wasn't me but my buddy was learning to ride with my bike. He did fine until he stopped. Don't know what he was thinking but lost his footing and over goes the bike! He's kinda short like midget Todd short. I was PISSED! Luckily it didn't do much damage. It did scratch the right side plastic a little but nothing too crazy. I already have a scratched up left fairing so whatever. I might be buying some new plastics soon if i dont sell it today. Let's just say that was the last time he rode it.

Since the 954RR is such a great beginner's bike. :rolleyes:

After riding to Springfield to ride with my Dad for a few hours, we were hitting the backroads around Yellow Springs. At some point we turned off onto a gravel road that dead ended. I tried to be all fancy and do a quick right hand U turn when he stopped in front of me. No big deal except that at that moment I stalled it, and at the same time the front wheel was on one high spot, the rear on another and too late I realized my foot was still about 2 inches off the ground when I tried to catch myself and the bike. So I did this slow motion roll to my right while trying to keep my balance and prevent the bike from falling all the way over into the gravel. I wouldn't really call it a drop since I got it stopped just as the footpeg touched the ground, but it was embarrasing and I felt like I was trying to do a new version of the splits. The adrenaline burst helped me push it back up immediatley and Dad was facing back down the road, so I don't think he even saw it. Otherwise a great ride and a great day.

Got an alert Saturday night/Sunday morning at 12:29 - the data center at work was throwing "temperature alerts".

Ride from the cabin at Apple Valley to the north side of C-Bus. Both air conditioning units had failed, temp in the d.c. was at 102.2 F.

Lotsa servers and one of the SANs weren't happy.

Opened doors, cranked up fans, removed ceiling tiles, tried to cool things down while the HVAC guy did his thing.

Got home around 6AM with all production servers up and semi-happy.

Temp in the d.c. this morning is a nice 60 F, and everything's back up.

No data lost, which is a good thing... :D

Cut the weekend short, but meh, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You guys still have everything in the old building? Last time I was there that was all that was in that place.