F-up of the weekend

Beegreenstrings

You guys still have everything in the old building? Last time I was there that was all that was in that place.

Mainframe's gone!

Yup, everything else that was in there is still in there. The entire rest of the building was remodeled and is full of Sales, Purchasing, and other folks.

The "new" corporate building has a small data center and is where our DR is for now, until we figure out where to put it (somewhere further away than 2 miles would be good).

We're going to either build a new data center in the building I work in, remodel the one in "the old building", or we've entertained thoughts of renting space from that outfit over on Scherers Court, that tier 4 data center, but it would almost cost as much as building our own.

It was over the weekend but this morning I pulled the bike out of the shed, sitting on the gravel driveway, geared up and raised side stand, realized I did not have my gloves, forgot the side stand was not still down and stepped off the bike. Me and the Sprint are laying in the gravel. Left side panel pretty scratched up as well as my left knee.:mad:

I was riding across the 4th street bridge in Columbus (the transition from downtown to the Short North), following a friend of mine, and didn't realize that the left lane contained a black hole...

Hit it at about 40, at a decent enough lean, and heard: WHAM, CHUNK, CHUNK, CHUNK CHUNK.

Pull over, get off the bike thinking that I've flattened the tire, bent the rim, or something else ridiculous. I tell my friend as much, and I start to try and see what happened. Can't see anything out of place.

Then I look at my makeshift coolant reservoir, see that it's hanging a bit too low, and begin to laugh at myself when I realize what had happened.

The hit had knocked the can loose from it's stand, it slipped further down the frame and was bouncing along the road. I felt a bit sheepish when I told my friend what it was. She just laughed at me.

So I was putting the valves back in my ducat, and while installing the lower valve closing seat, I dropped one of the half rings that holds it in place.. Sure enough I am 99.99999% positive it went right down the oil return port. After buying almost $75 in the smallest magnets. Could, and wasting another $75 in oil, to try and flush it out. I called Ducati Indy who said "dont worry about it, there are a couple pockets it can hide in but the only place it can go is the sump screen". Damn was I releived!!! And the half ring is on order now!

Staying outside WAY too long yesterday and looking like a lobster today :D

Also, having unprotected sexual relations with Bad

I think you're confusing me for the ribs I made

• 3 months later...

Well it happened to me Saturday night on my way to work. My wallet fell out of my pants pocket and I noticed halfway down 71. I normally keep it in a zipper pocket but not today! Back tracked Sunday morning and found my wallet on the freeway. My ID was still in it and a few other meaningless cards.