Lawmakers, police argue over need for front license plate

chevysoldier

neither :lol:

mazda dun fuk't up!! the front of their new cars is hideous....you need about 100 more license plates on there to cover that shit up IMO

i originally didnt like it either when it first came out but it has grown on me

:nono: Kids. This entire post of your'e does not surprise me at all, especially the part about a front plate looking dumb, as though a plate stuck in the front window looks any better... And zip tying it to the mesh, I'm gonna guess that mesh adds 25 HP, right? :lol:

/rant about kids these days.

STFU and GTFO old man. :D

This was talked about several yars ago. Ohio Troopers agued to keep them for a slew of reasons. The one that stuck in my mind was that the state meter maids liked front plates to reflect the old gen LIDAR at farther range to write more speeders. Today speed stuff is gonna get a hit anyway. i vote dump the front. If the troopers get bored they can come back us up on gang crime stuff.

mazda dun fuk't up!! the front of their new cars is hideous....you need about 100 more license plates on there to cover that shit up IMO

The car's front just looks like a big shit eatin grin.... :D

Car's are supposed to look mean

if a cop cannot catch somebody that is driving in reverse, they are an incompetent moron and need to have a job welcoming people to walmart

So what of it people greets need help to

Bunch a law breakers around here :rulez::mugshot:

Do you all kick it sideways @ 1.40$ too :lol:

@170$ on I 70 cent

^this

I agree, just charge whatever it costs for the plates. No, I don't think front plates look nice, but it does help catch criminals. At worst, charge at cost and allow us to take it as a tax deduction and people will get over it.

How does it help? I mean, it probably could help, but with so many states not needing it and catching criminals anyways, I don't think that is a good enough stance. They are stupid and not needed. They are great for the State Troopers to laser people and that's it...

if a cop cannot catch somebody that is driving in reverse, they are an incompetent moron and need to have a job welcoming people to walmart

Not driving in reverse from a cop goon. :lol: Never did that. I mean from somebody wanting your license plate to report you and you gtfo of dodge in reverse before you turn around and they have no # to give the police.

All this experience was in 1994-1996 as a teenager so don't hate. :p

+1. looks like some pie eyed drunk laughing IMO.

Why not remove the back plate too? Makes the back of the car ugly.

How about this?

- Every car has a transponder in it, like an aircraft.

- A unique ID based upon the car's VIN number and other secure factors is transmitted to other cars within 25'.

- The Uniqe IDs that the transponder receives from other nearby cars are stored withthe GPS location and time/date.

- The information can only be decrypted back to a VIN number by uploading the encrypted file to the transponder manufacturer.

- The information would be turned over to the police only in response to a court order.

- Anyone who has a transponder installed is exempt from having license plates.

- Transponders on police cars / toll booths / speed cameras will warn the police if a car passes with no transponder or a non-working transponder AND the car has no plates.

So, the result is:

- Everyone's privacy is maintained - That jerk you cut off in traffic can't track you down by searching local court records for your license plate.

- Everyone's cars look good with no plates.

- License Plate Recognition would be a thing of the past. You can have controlled-access gates, garage doors, etc open for the transponder.

- The police have the ability to get a court order to identify the cars near you for hit/skip or road rage prosecutions.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Edited by Scruit

Why not remove the back plate too? Makes the back of the car ugly.

How about this?

- Every car has a transponder in it, like an aircraft.

- A unique ID based upon the car's VIN number and other secure factors is transmitted to other cars within 25'.

- The Uniqe IDs that the transponder receives from other nearby cars are stored withthe GPS location and time/date.

- The information can only be decrypted back to a VIN number by uploading the encrypted file to the transponder manufacturer.

- The information would be turned over to the police only in response to a court order.

- Anyone who has a transponder installed is exempt from having license plates.

- Transponders on police cars / toll booths / speed cameras will warn the police if a car passes with no transponder or a non-working transponder AND the car has no plates.

So, the result is:

- Everyone's privacy is maintained - That jerk you cut off in traffic can't track you down by searching local court records for your license plate.

- Everyone's cars look good with no plates.

- License Plate Recognition would be a thing of the past. You can have controlled-access gates, garage doors, etc open for the transponder.

- The police have the ability to get a court order to identify the cars near you for hit/skip or road rage prosecutions.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

The electrical engineer cannot wait to spoof transponder IDs while doing 110 in a school zone. :lol:

Can you imagine people downloading spoofed IDs off torrent sites for famous people? I can slide into a bus full of orphan bunnies and nuns while transmitting Celine Dion's license ID...

• Upvote 1

The electrical engineer cannot wait to spoof transponder IDs while doing 110 in a school zone. :lol:

Can you imagine people downloading spoofed IDs off torrent sites for famous people? I can slide into a bus full of orphan bunnies and nuns while transmitting Celine Dion's license ID...

How many people have spoofed HID badges?

I don't have a front plate on my truck. I bought it in Michigan, and it didn't have the plate bracket/holder. I've been too lazy and cheap to buy the holder. I got pulled over a few weeks ago and the police officer didn't say anything about it, and yes he saw the front of my truck first then pulled me up for speeding...let me off with a warning.

I don't think it makes a difference at all having a front plate. I can't think of a time I, or anyone I know, was pulled over head on where the front plate would/could be read.

If it doesn't matter to you then put one on. It does make a difference to us. A front plate makes it possible to locate stolen vehicles and arrest the thieves without being behind them. Every day, you are driving among rapists, murderers, dope dealers,...etc. Front tags make it possible to locate these people without having to "flip" on every vehicle that matches the description of a vehicle that the bad guy drives. An officer is not required to write a ticket for not having a front tag (or any violation for that matter), but it does give us the automatic ability to stop, ticket, and arrest (if necessary) if you don't have one. I haven't written a no front tag ticket since I was ordered to on coaching, but I have made several stops and arrests for not having one.

^this

I agree, just charge whatever it costs for the plates. No, I don't think front plates look nice, but it does help catch criminals. At worst, charge at cost and allow us to take it as a tax deduction and people will get over it.

Be glad that Ohio isn't like other states that charge tag fees based off of the value of the car. When my brother lived in Indiana (early to mid 90's) he had a Ford Tempo and it was $500 for the tags on that thing.

I vote for front plates for motorcycles! Now THAT would be interesting. gb_tv2003.jpg

In as far as the catching criminals, if I'm looking for a suspect vehicle and it's near the area it was reported in, the chances of another like vehicle around will be minimal, so I better start making the u-turn at that point.

I don't agree. The last 2 big arrests that I have been involved in (one with warrants for multiple murders and the other for a rape that just occurred), were actually in the same area, and both driving Toyota Camrys. Camrys are a dime a dozen and lots of the same color.