slippery corbin seat!

oldschoolsdime92

I recently purchased a corbin seat from a fellow on the triumph forum, and boy is it ever slick! I've wiped it down with rubbing alcohol, and had no such luck!. We rode today with it, and I took some tool box liner and wrapped the passenger seat with that, but it looks bad(but very functional). Does anyone have any suggestions?

If it's leather ( and not pleather ) use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner -- I wonder what the guy put on it? Did you ask him why it was so slipery or is it just that the leather's surface texture is slick?

If my seat was like that, I'd rub it down with pinetar or some other tacky conditioner or possibly even rough it up with some sandpaper? ( not my first choice ) -- but it's gotta be hard to stay in the saddle when your ass is sliding front to back all the time.

Can't believe Corbin would put out a motorcycle seat that was slippery?!?!

I had one on a 636 and I busted my junk on the tank every time I rode it. I noticed I was constantly squeezing the tank with my legs to prevent this. I thought it was just due to the seating position and the angle of the seat.

I had one on a 636 and I busted my junk on the tank every time I rode it. I noticed I was constantly squeezing the tank with my legs to prevent this. I thought it was just due to the seating position and the angle of the seat.

That's just how any 636 is. The seat angle is absurd.

That's just how any 636 is. The seat angle is absurd.

yea i had the stock seat on my 636 and same thing happened to me so it has got to be the seat angle

I had a Corbin on my 600rr and loved it. It was a bit slick but I used some sort of horse saddle conditioner I got from a friend on it and seemed to help

My guess is the PO used something like Armor All or STP on it. Not a good idea. Try toning it down with Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer. It cleans but doesnt leave a slick surface.

I have an older corbin on the VFR that I clean it with that stuff. I usually condition the leather good once over the winter to keep it up.

Edited by mello dude