Motorheads needed... Conversion question

fireman_343

I'm wanting to know if you can convert piston bore size (lets say 45mm) to a a CC number. I'm wanting to know what cc my bike would be if I bore it out a bit.

Anyone know the number... by the way this is for my 2 stroke NSR50 with a big bore kit getting some motor work done to it!

Chrome, I win anyway so no need for them to brake down my bike this year. :) Our rules state no more then 65cc for F2.. so I'll be legal!

Dweezel,

Yeah I race a Honda NSR50 with a Kitaco 63cc big bore kit, worked cylinder and head, aftermarket exhaust, ect... A lot of fun and cheaper then racing my R6!!!

DSCN4591a.JPG

CJB_2915a.JPG

exSRAaron, I sold a used 04 NSR50 (stock) for $1500 a few months ago... I know you can get/find them $2k for new and $1500-1800 used!

Look around, find one and let me know... I'll tell ya if it is a good deal or not, and then come out and race with us at Circleville Raceway and at BeaveRun in PA!

Dweezel, a stock 04 NSR50 only puts out 7.5hp.. sounds like it isn't alot but these little 2 stroke motors are HRC built and are fast! Slap on a Kitaco 63cc big bore kit, 24mm roundslide carb, aftermarket exhaust and you can get around 12-15hp out of them! They make a 77cc kit for it as well.. then you'll be in the 20hp range!! I would say mine goes around 60MPH with the gearing I've got. I don't really know since I don't have a speedo.. I'm sure I can get more speed out of it if I had taller gearing, but I keep it short to get the most power out of the turns and keep the revs up!

Come check us out this season if you are around BeaveRun Pa or Circleville Oh

www.ohioysr.org

how's the build quality of them? i couldnt EVEN imagine draggin' a knee with the crappy mid-bike i used to have, it would've fallen apart lol..

The build quality?? Dude... HRC Honda built these things for one thing... racing!!! They are built great, the suspension is better then my YSR's aftermarket FOX shock.. (fully adjustable front and rear suspension)! I think this NSR helps me with riding my R6 on the track... it helps with learning how to keep your corner speed up! A lot of 600 racers out there will just let the bikes power make up for their mistakes or lack of corner speed... this WILL teach ya that corner speed is the key to winning races and staying up front!

Here is a 8min video of us racing at BeaveRun... I came from starting out in 5th to pass my teammate Dave and come in 2nd... the kid in 1st place is on a 88cc 2 stroke bike, Dave and I are both on NSR's with 63cc kits! It is a funny video as my wife and Dave's both talk a little smack! ;)

And a few shots of it under the tank...

DSCN6090.jpg

DSCN6092.jpg

DSCN6094.jpg

And this is what it looks like now in my basement, waiting for my motor parts to come in.. .

DSCN6124.jpg

That is what everyone says... and I said the same thing before I went out and rode one on the track. All it took was a few laps and I was hooked! Come out sometime, bring your leathers and we can get ya on the track and turn a few laps for free... just to see if you like it!