Things people say

Bellboy1

I had a guy tell me that he had the same bike I did, same paint job and everything...

I have a rattle can custom paint job and I guarantee it's a one-off!

Same guy told me he was doing 160 on it with his girl on the back (I own a Ninja 650) down this super busy road that has lights almost every other block...

Me: Wow! That sounds pretty dangerous! (Rolling my eyes and sarcasm dripping from my voice.)

I had a guy tell me that he had the same bike I did, same paint job and everything...

Same guy told me he was doing 160 on it with his girl on the back (I own a Ninja 650) down this super busy road that has lights almost every other block...

Me: Wow! That sounds pretty dangerous! (Rolling my eyes and sarcasm dripping from my voice.)

Those are the people you just wanna laugh at. If people lie try to be atleast good at it

i spent two days on a 650r and i will go ahead and say thats not possible :lol:

im not knocking the bike just saying thats not going to happen :D

with that being said i will go ahead and say i hate it when people say that theyve ridden dirt bikes their whole lives and then proceed to ask if i mind if they can ride my bike to see the difference between the two.... no my bike isnt going to be your guinney pig for your little test session. sorry.

I have heard just about every level of dumb from people I meet when riding my Duc. How fast, how old, must be expensive, who makes it? The list goes on forever. I actually dread a crowded gas station just because I don't want to have to think about the stupidity of the non-riding public once I get back on the road.

Haven't raced many cars but I did outrun a black early 2000's model Mustang last year. He pulled the red light gag and it was one of those moments I just had to do it. I may not have huge top speeds but it should still pull a 12 flat in the quarter. Takes alot of car to match that kind of acceleration. :D Well that and he had his windows down and I just felt like blasting him with the exhaust.:rolleyes:

I stay on my bike and keep helmet on while I pump gas and it helps keep the people away a lot. I'll see them staring in my peripheral and I always pray they don't come up to me...haha. The helmet on while pumping and using the pay at the pump method so you can just leave right after prevents it a lot.

I stay on my bike and keep helmet on while I pump gas and it helps keep the people away a lot. I'll see them staring in my peripheral and I always pray they don't come up to me...haha. The helmet on while pumping and using the pay at the pump method so you can just leave right after prevents it a lot.

this. for me, the less i have to interact with other humans the better.

also, i was at ask a few years back and overheard some chachi who worked there tell a girl who asked how fast his sv650 goes, "eh, about a 1.75$", and with a straight face. of course, it had hyper ignition modules and split-fire plugs, so maybe. i lol'd as i recalled i only got mine up to 135 indicated at Mid ohio that day.

people, at the very least, are amusing. :D

I've had several people say "zx14 what size is that 600?" Last summer passed a couple guys on 600's they were pulling out of sheetz I get to the next stop light and hear bikes revving and look in the mirror they are weaving through the cars to get up next to me the one finally got next to me and I lift my visor and look over at him and he says "Oh fuck that dude I thought you were riding a 600" then yells to his buddy "forget it" guess he didn't wanna race after seeing what it was I was riding. Had a guy in a Ferrari pull next me at a light revving his motor I looked over he gave me a nod the light turned green and he hammered it I don't know who he was racing cuz I had two cars in front of me at the light.

while back at a Kroger parking lot guy says "nice bike" and then proceeds to tell me all about his Yamaha drum set. i know nothing about a drum set or any instrument for that matter. i only play the butt trumpet occasionally when i eat beans or somethin'.

:lol: Man, some are so desperate for a conversation with a biker it's pathetic. That was funny Brent.

on the rare occasions I DONT have my stereo blaring, and can actually hear what people are saying, these are the most common.

"hey. is that one of the new cbr 600's? I've never seen one like that before."

"do a wheelie!" my usual response is "you first!"

"i was gonna ride mine today, but there is a xx% chance of rain"

"is that one of them cafe racer bikes?" to which i replied..."uuh, yeah?"

Only comment I seem to get is on the KLR and KTM when people ask "what sort of dirt bike is that" or "is that street legal?" My favorite question was at QSL in Polaris when a t-shirt and leather vest asked me "Who makes my KTM" with the big KTM across the tank. I should have said Harley, black and orange right? :lol:

i spent two days on a 650r and i will go ahead and say thats not possible :lol:

im not knocking the bike just saying thats not going to happen :D

Oh, no doubt.

I've gotten her up to 120 indicated but I didn't have my GPS with me so I don't know how fast I was really going. The faster I get on that thing the higher the speedometer error...

I know nothing about Aprillia's. I can look them up to find out, but I have no interest to. I just know the big 4. :D

All you need to know is they make loud noises, and are ridden by cocky douchebags......wait, wut?

• Upvote 2

" you're bike has NOS !?!? That's fucking awesome "

My coolant overflow is a NOS energy drink bottle that is zip tied to the frame. Douchiest thing ever but my bike is such a POS it is just funny.

I like that about your bike

#1 thing that i hear (GUYS) people say:

Is that your bike?

for real... who's bike do they think it is?

I hate that so much

It seems like the most common thing I hear is the stories about someone they know that crashed a bike and how bad they were hurt.Of course they usually go into great detail of the injuries.It's gotten to the point that I usually follow them with some horrifiying car crash that I've heard about,just to set the record straight.

On the good side...I was loaded up and heading to the rockies in 2008 and an elderly man approached me at a rest stop in Indiana.He noticed my camping gear and told me he was a retired school teacher and in his younger days he would head out most summers and ride and camp for weeks at a time,just as I was heading out to do.We talked for a little bit and he turned and started to walk away,he took about 5 steps and turned around and said,"You know,people that don't ride and camp are missing something."I have never forgotten that man and the look on his face when he said that,and I have never heard a truer statement.

• Upvote 1

I,ve had people look at ours and say is that a goldwing? I say no its a concours 14, and thay say oh, who makes that.

BMW right? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by OsuMj

#1 thing that i hear (GUYS) people say:

Is that your bike?

for real... who's bike do they think it is?

I hate that so much

That comment may get under your skin but I think it's a real badge of honor. A woman boss, lawyer, doctor or politician isn't anything special anymore, but a woman who can 1. ride a normal sized bike or larger, 2. not have to ask the guys to come hold it up every time she tries to get on and 3. put up the money to get it herself is special. For us guys it kind of takes a second for the coolness of that to sink in and the shock to wear off. ;)

I must say my Red 99 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition has gotten me more comments then any of my previous bikes. I have had people tell me at lights how much they like it. I had a guy yell at me from his house one day while I was at a stop sign so he could give me a thumbs up. I did have a women walk up to me in a Kroger parking lot and tell me how much she liked my bike. I had just stuffed it full of groceries and she said something about that. i said I use it to shop anytime I can. She saw the vents in the fairing and asked me if it had AC...I said sure does and showed here the Hot-Cold switches on the vents and she freaked...lol