Springfield XDM .40

Helmutt

Heard a lot of good things about XD9's but would rather a .40 since my wife plans to carry a compact .40 and we could share ammo. Whats the concensus on the new XDM .40 mega-capacity as far as personal experiences - testing reviews show it props but I'm looking for something to fit my big meathook of a hand - seems this model looks promising especially coming from a pro company - and are there any other larger gripped, QUALITY models I should consider in the $600-700 range? I dont want a revolver, have a cute little .38 special now. I like having 16-17 shot capacity vs. 6 round reloads

No need for the M unless you have a small penis or are into bling the regular XD is way less money and just as good.

Dang, I like my XDM. Didn't know my ween is shrinking because of it. :wtf:

Mine is the .45acp model, I would expect the .40S&W to be just as nice. I got it because it has the interchangeable backstrap panel and the grip serrations on the front of the gun extend farther around the sides. There are also alot of extra little things that help also. I liked the factory sights on the "M" model better, the slide cuts are a different shape and the barrel is supposed to be match quality. I never intended to carry mine so the extra 1/2 inch of barrel length is fine.

Again, I want the M due to XTRA GRIP LENGTH, my palms are wide and fortified with thick knuckled fists that enhance jawbreaking capabilities over my competition :D:D but we're talking about the real thing here, not "gunshow" hammers....;)

Didnt realize a failure to understand that there are larger men on this rock, and of these larger men comes the desire.....nay, the NEED for compromise within the consumer industries that demand there be larger options available to us less we be forced to sue you scrawny fucks!!

Edited by Hellmutt

Seriously, if not the M then what other big fisted firearm do you recommend? If I had a case of penis envy (which I dont) then I'd have RedJacket build me a one-handed mini gun.....but all I'm after here is advise on a big handed .40

Cool, I will definitely look into the M&P and maybe snag an XDM to shoot against it before committing to one - definitely getting a new shotgun this year but havent been much of a handgun guy - hunted in my younger years with bow, shotgun, rifle, and primitive but never kept my weapons long, tended to trade up a lot and the .38 special was my last trade from a single bolt 30.06 - now all my bows, shotguns, rifles are gone......miss my youth, if only i could go back and talk myself out of getting rid of it all - countless muzzleloaders, rifles, shotguns (dad was a bit of a gunsmith, so I got spoiled;)) I would've had enough now to probably get a new truck or a couple new bikes.......hindsight seems to take a big, bloody bite out of my ass sometimes, but thats just part of life's irony when living and learning the harder lessons.

All good though, I got some cash stashed away to get back into some sweet new state-of-the-art firepower soon.......then all I need is a 10 acre stick of wooded real estate to shoot for free anytime the mood strikes:D:D:D

Thanks for the input fella's

Having the .45 is just because I didn't want to have to stock another caliber. My 1911 is my first love in .45acp handguns, the XDM is just higher capacity.:bow:

I was just kidding with my comments! It's the way things "work" around OR.

Hellmut, I'm guessing that by grip length, you are talking about the backstraps? Otherwise, I though they were pretty close to the same length, from the slide to the bottom of the magazine.

At any rate, you can't go wrong with the "M Factor", just many of us don't find the price difference to be worth it for what more you get, unless it's something specific like the changeable backstraps.

Yes, exactly - by grip length I was talking bottom of the slide to the bottom of the mag. Seems every gun I grab leaves an inch or 2 of my hand hangin' off the bottom of the grip making it difficult for me to feel comfortable and shoot consistently.

I was just kidding with my comments! It's the way things "work" around OR.

I know, that's why I hang out around here. :stirpot: I have to stock ammo in 14 different calibers for the guns I have at the moment. When looking for something new it is to the point I look for guns that shoot calibers I already have and have started reloading for.

Here is a quick comparison for grip size. I have big hands, 2x or 3x glove size depending on brand. Guns are a full size 5inch 1911, my XDM 4.5 inch .45acp and my smith snubbie I carry.

IMG_4000.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

Yup, even have the extended grips on the snubbie.:rolleyes:

That XD45 looks about the frame size I'm after, and that .357 grip is considerably bigger than our .38sp and we've got xtended police grip on it. Compacts and SC's I've seen just appear to be too small for my mits but I'm definitely diggin' the M for that bit if extra

I have a ODgreen XDM.40 and love it(paid less then $600 for it..sounds a bit high). shoots good, never had a misfire or jam of any sort. I would recommend it
If your in cbus we can hit the range..you can try mine out

Thanx 4 the offer bro, but you're quite a haul from me in comparison to Vandalia to try these weapons out - I do appreciate it

Here's my M&P .45 compact and .40 fullsize. I have long fingers. I had to hold them in my left hand because I couldn't take the picture with my left. lol The compact has the mag with the pinky extension on it. I also have two without the extension.

.45c

2wm298z.jpg

ay20j4.jpg

.40/.45c

2yv2g75.jpg

Edited by chevysoldier