Track school risks

Bellboy1

Weren't you the one pushing Nelson in another thread?:)

I really want to do Nelson, primarily because I've never done an SST day yet. I've heard (from you and many others) that they are very good w newbs. Definitely want some one on one stuff. But I looked it up last night and realized just how far it is from me. Prob gonna lose any savings on the $125 verses $195 in fuel

Costs. Decisions decisions.

Do both. STT has an awesome novice program. Midohio pretty much copies it.

Nelson = great learner because it's fast and way less technical than anywhere else. About 2 turns that might make the butt pucker, and lots of speed. I had a blast there even with some rain in the AM hours.

Mid O = Great track, not as fast, but more technical, shit, maybe it is as fast, I haven't rode it in 2 years...

Anyways, Track is 100 times more safe than street, and I believe way more enjoyable. Plus you get to know a ton of us at pretty much every event, and not all of us are A-holes like Dubguy. JK buddy, can't wait to spoon again, just don't tell Grapesmuggler or I will be cut off.

• Upvote 1

Mid O has a faster back straight but lower average speed. Nelson is definitely a simpler layout.

Even in its current condition, I have friends who call Nelson their favorite track.

I bet those "friends" are moto series people and only do nelson.. LAME O :D

I bet those "friends" are moto series people and only do nelson.. LAME O :D

Actually this was a NESBA control rider who was lamenting the fact that they no longer ride there.

He would come down and do MotoSeries, but an 8 hour drive isn't worth it for 1 trackday. I'm trying to convince him that racing is a good idea.

Actually this was a NESBA control rider who was lamenting the fact that they no longer ride there.

He would come down and do MotoSeries, but an 8 hour drive isn't worth it for 1 trackday. I'm trying to convince him that racing is a good idea.

I'm JP :p

pure gold

I would skip Mid-Ohio for your first day. It's a world class facility, but fast, expensive, and garbage in the rain. Even with good weather, it would be like losing your virginity to Megan Fox; super fun, but ultimately you wouldn't know enough to really exploit the experience for all it's worth.