Drug Testing for Welfare (Florida)

gidet

I was being serious when I said I'm against it.

clarify the ambiguous pronoun "it" please?

welfare in general (I see your point), or the drug testing as a privacy violation (we may disagree here)?

welfare was never ment to be a permanent thing for those receiving it. It was suppose to be aide in a time of need and people have been abusing the system and now the system is getting back. I am not totally against welfare, just against what people have turned it into.

I'm against it. I don't think the FedGov/StateGov has the power to violate anybody's right to privacy. I also don't feel they have the power to steal my money and give it to some punk bitch asshole that won't work for their drugs.

The only favorable solution' date=' that doesn't violate any rights at all, is to completely abolish the entitlement.. altogether.[/quote']

I don't think there is a entitlement to welfare. I don't see how the ACLU can't see that.

I am against the FedGov violating the rights of any citizen. I am also against the FedGov violating my right to do what the hell I please with my damn money. That said' date=' the only reasonable solution, that doesn't invoke a violation of anybody's civil rights, is the complete abolishing of the welfare system, as a whole. This way, nobody can say their rights were suspended. Isn't that the goal?[/quote']

I don't think welfare should be abolished, I think welfare should be a supplemental income for the people that are working and contributing to society and people that are mentally/physically disabled. I mean if a mom of 3 is working at walmart full time. She should be able to get welfare to help her make ends meet. But for people that don't work or don't even attempt, like to sit on their ass and live off the tax paying Americans. They can just go jump off a bridge somewhere and do us all a favor.

I was being serious when I said I'm against it. I am also against women in the military having children on the taxpayers' coin. If you want a family' date=' then have a family. If you want to serve your country, then serve your country. We aren't paying you to produce offspring. We're paying you to shoot baddies.[/quote']

Ok, I normally don't get involved in these political bs threads but this statement is about as ignorant as it comes. So basically, go die for your country is all your required to do. Military Women have the right to live a life like every civilian woman does! Saying they shouldn't be allowed to have kids is like telling me, My family didn't have the right to medical coverage because I started a family in the military and you don't want to cover the cost of my family!! But please, go shoot the Baddies and die if that is what is called.

welfare was never ment to be a permanent thing for those receiving it. It was suppose to be aide in a time of need and people have been abusing the system and now the system is getting back. I am not totally against welfare, just against what people have turned it into.

Point me in the direction where there is rampant abuses of the system...?? People tend to sensationalize a few particular cases of abuse and then say the entire system is completely broken. :wtf:

Mandatory birth control would nip this in the bud. Many of the problems we face in our society can be traced back to unwanted children. There will be a few bad apples in the bunch but they would be easier to deal with than a whole fucked-up orchard...

Come see all the people in jail for cases of abuse

Then it sounds like the system caught up and cut them off, if they're in jail. Problem solved, now they're getting another kinda welfare that the taxpayers are paying for.

At least when they weren't incarcerated, they a) weren't required to pay 4Davies for cornhole supervision, and b) they were SPENDING that money on crap, stimulating business, even if they weren't working for it.

This thread kinda reminds me of this:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-nobody-tells-you-about-being-poor/

Edited by JRMMiii

i know a guy who buys foodstamp cards from people for half price ($500 card, he pays $250 for it, etc)....gives them cash to support their habit and he uses them to buy his own food .....and i know a guy that makes $200 a day under the table and him and his wife collect all kinds of assistance along with having a section 8 house....both "unemployed", 3 kids, one kid with some psychiatric problem (future serial killer)

abuse is not rare - rampant is a better word for it

i know a guy who buys foodstamp cards from people for half price ($500 card, he pays $250 for it, etc)....gives them cash to support their habit and he uses them to buy his own food .....and i know a guy that makes $200 a day under the table and him and his wife collect all kinds of assistance along with having a section 8 house....both "unemployed", 3 kids, one kid with some psychiatric problem (future serial killer)

abuse is not rare - rampant is a better word for it

I think we've covered that you seem to know or in some way associate with some shady characters, but because you know 2 different families out of the entire Ohio welfare system -- it's a rampant problem :wtf:

41FJsF6sk5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

cant even take you seriously anymore jrmmiii - too much devil's advocate, its like your only opinion is the one that contradicts what most of the people involved in the discussion think. maybe you didnt get hugged enough as a kid so you like to prove yourself or something :dunno:

if welfare fraud was a rare occurence - there wouldnt be continual efforts to combat it......isnt it you that mentioned in another thread that everything is all about cost? if it was so rare, it would be cheaper to let people defraud the system than to setup committees and stuff and actively try to prevent it.

just my .02$

Edited by Steve Butters

:cry:

cant even take you seriously anymore jrmmiii - too much devil's advocate, its like your only opinion is the one that contradicts what most of the people involved in the discussion think. maybe you didnt get hugged enough as a kid so you like to prove yourself or something :dunno:

if welfare fraud was a rare occurence - there wouldnt be continual efforts to combat it......isnt it you that mentioned in another thread that everything is all about cost? if it was so rare, it would be cheaper to let people defraud the system than to setup committees and stuff and actively try to prevent it.

just my .02$

your on the right path. if i were King i would say about 20% of the people currently on welfare would continue to receive it. i believe in survival of the fittest. also all the Mexi-cans would be sent back across the border, especially Bad324.
glad i don't get ran over on the road like i do on these threads and Call of Duty !

Fixed those for you!

I want a hug!

He must know about the size your bewbs!

Point me in the direction where there is rampant abuses of the system...?? People tend to sensationalize a few particular cases of abuse and then say the entire system is completely broken. :wtf:

From what I've seen, the abuse is a lot less than 20 years ago. I have soem relatives that abused the system really badly, while making some serious cash buying and selling cars. They were associated with quite a few people that did similar stuff, including some that I suspect were dealing drugs, and at least using. At some point, the system started making those that are able, get jobs or get some training, otherwise they'd get cut off from the "benefits." Maybe I have just improved the "class" of people that I know and associate with, but I don't think I know anyone that's a "welfare bum." I do know a few that get some assistance, but I don't personally know anyone that works the system.

i know a guy who buys foodstamp cards from people for half price ($500 card, he pays $250 for it, etc)....gives them cash to support their habit and he uses them to buy his own food

Damn, why didn't I think of that? Where do I find these people?

Sure' date=' this percentage. Which is bound to be exceptionally less than the folks the system has yet to catch up to.[/quote']

Probably. I still don't see the point -- the system is never going to be perfect, that's not the goal.

Do we really have to walk through and down this path again?

No welfare leads to .... which leads to.... which leads to ... and in the end, we all pay for it anyway, but now it costs more because they're in the hospital being looked over by doctors, or in jail being cornholed by Parks.

Find me another country without a welfare system where you'd want to live and then maybe we can apply that model here. Research.

<sigh> Someone give me a hug.

Edited by JRMMiii

yeah, michigan tried this.

out of 268 people tested only THREE tested positive for hard drugs.

sure sounds like an epidemic to me :rolleyes:

why dont people look at the FACTS instead of relying on their ignorant opinions...

Edited by John

why dont people look at the FACTS instead of relying on their ignorant opinions...

Ignorant opinions would be a huge improvement over regurgitated misinformation.:rolleyes:

BTW, does the Fla testing include alcohol? It would seem a little silly to me that someone could be denied benefits for burning one now and then and drinking a case of Busch everyday is OK.