Rider dead in Marysville

Scruit

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/springfield-news/urbana-man-killed-in-motorcycle-crash-1180797.html

Springfield news says Daniel D. Leedy, 60, of Urbana. Headed west on Ohio 739 in Union County when he went off the right side of the road and crashed into a utility pole shortly before 1 a.m. Black 2006 Harley-Davidson.

And I'm wonder how many of these were a result of animals (deer) on the road. We'll never know. I generally only see deer at dawn or dusk, seldom late at night.

RIP rider

edit: ok, it's only Sunday morning. The weekend is only half gone. Here's a list of riders who didn't turn, late at night, and weren't wearing a helmet. And others with collisions with vehicles.

Friday night on state route 732 South of Lakengren. Darryl Alcorn, 45, failed to negotiate a curve, without a helmet. Fatal.

Friday 3am on Route 58 South of Jamestown. 48yo Scott Barnes of Conneaut, Ohio. 2009 Harley-Davidson Heritage Soft tail. Lost control. Fatal.

Last Tuesday early morning on US 6 near Huron. 27-year-old Michael Tracht. 2008 Harley Davidson. Speed, alcohol, failure to turn left, no helmet. Fatal.

Thursday evening on Hancock County Road 18, south of State Rt. 613 in Cass Township. Brian K. Lawson, 42. 1986 Harley-Davidson. Lost control. Injured.

Last Tuesday 54-year-old Melissa Wolfe made a wide turn on her motorcycle onto state Route 222 from Slade Road in Clermont county. Hit by pick-up truck. Was wearing a helmet. Fatal.

67-year-old from Grove City, collided with a car on U.S. 50 a half mile west of the Shattuc Road in Clinton County on Thursday morning. A 16yo ran off the road and over corrected and hit two of three motorcycles approaching. Fire. Fatal. Injuries.

http://www.wjbdradio.com/?f=news_single&id=27439

And one injured on Route 10 on Saturday in Lincoln county...

There's more, I'm just tired of saying this:

Helmet

Don't drink

Slow down

Defensive riding

MSF lessons

Edited by ReconRat

ive been on 739 alot and that is a straight wide road from richwood to the honda medical center then its straight again till you get too honda parkway. As for deer, they are all over honda property. I use to drive the back side of honda's property and look into the fields and see upwards of almost 100 on a good night. They cross those streets all the time. So that rider may have swerved to avoid a deer, or was really tired and maybe leaving honda. Suck to hear though