Fuel Filter 2006 CBR600RR

seanya1604

Does anyone know where I can find a useful resource to help me locate the fuel filter on a 2006 CBR600RR? Before you say the service manual, I downloaded it. No mention of fuel filter. The Internet is absolutely useless on this one.

I am trying to clean it after recent issues with bad gas. I hope I can look at this before taking it to the shop to inspect plugs. I really don't think I can get in and find those without screwing something up.

I would appreciate any help here!

I think the fuel filter is part of your fuel pump assy, bolted into the bottom of your tank. Not cheap. It's that way on fuel injection. It's that way on my 919. Also means it might be a fuel pump problem, and not the fuel filter.

edit: are there any diagnostic flash codes?

That makes sense. No flashes. I am actually just trying to diagnos another post I made about my Leo Vince slip on I just put on. I am trying to determine if the "bogging" I'm feeling has to do with bad gas (it started after I put a gallon of Marathon 93 in to top it off) or if it is the slip on.

If it's bad gas, I am thinking of looking for the fuel filter. I did the fuel cleaner stuff after I siphoned the tank and put all Sunoco 93 in.

I just finished pulling off the slip on and applying a high temp silicone. I'm going to test it tonight to see if it could have been that. Long shot, but worth a try.

If that doesn't work, back to looking for the fuel filter.