$6.6B stollen from under our nose?

Casper

Prolly GWB... :nono::nono:

Indeed it was. Fledgling governments accept cash...and cash. Very easy for some corrupt elements (of which there are a fuck-ton of in the ME political scene) to come in and take what they wanted. Couple that with a fluid socio-military environment of not knowing who controls what when, and what is intact, what's being rebuilt, and what got blowed up last night, and the theft just got a whole lot easier.

this smells like bs to me.

I don't think the us gov is that frigging stupid are they?

wait, why isn't the gop flipping out about this? apparently that 6.6B was thrown out to some shit hole terroist harboring country like it's a drop in the bucket.

so apparently, spending tax payer money on frivolous shit is OK when they do it?

but lets throw a fit when they want to help their own US citizens who lost their jobs....

ah the hypocrisies of the GOP.

this smells like bs to me.

I don't think the us gov is that frigging stupid are they?

wait, why isn't the gop flipping out about this? apparently that 6.6B was thrown out to some shit hole terroist harboring country like it's a drop in the bucket.

so apparently, spending tax payer money on frivolous shit is OK when they do it?

but lets throw a fit when they want to help their own US citizens who lost their jobs....

ah the hypocrisies of the GOP.

So true!

Republican=Hypocrite

Edited by drc32-0

gold has intrinsic value. people like it because its shiny.

I recall seeing a piece somewhere that had pretty good evidence that if we had to do it all over again as a civilization, we would still gravitate to gold as a metal of value over anything else. Between the fact that it's not radioactive, can be worked and shaped with rudimentary tools, can/could be found without too much effort, and that we have a predisposition for shiny things, every time it comes back to gold.

I recall seeing a piece somewhere that had pretty good evidence that if we had to do it all over again as a civilization, we would still gravitate to gold as a metal of value over anything else. Between the fact that it's not radioactive, can be worked and shaped with rudimentary tools, can/could be found without too much effort, and that we have a predisposition for shiny things, every time it comes back to gold.

spices!