OK, last time on this topic...

OhioBob

OK, last time on this topic...I would like opinions, especially from owners of these bikes. Which would you pick and why?

Suzuki SV1000

OR

Yamaha FZ1 (2nd Gen)

OR (maybe even the)

Kawasaki Z1000 (03' - 06')

I really like the naked look. I have thought about the new Yamaha FZ8 or the Honda CB1000R or the Kawasaki Z1000, but those are brand new bikes with brand new price tags too.

I am looking for a great naked (standard) bike in the used market. I know the US FZ1 comes with a half fairing, but I am sure I could get the N parts from Europe to convert it, right?

I know these two bikes are like comparing apples to oranges, but just curious of who prefers the v-twin to the inline4 and why.

So, I have narrowed it down, just want more info before proceeding. Yes, I know I should go find them and test ride them, but that is next to impossible. Who will let you test ride a bike these days? I am more likely to test ride a corvette or camaro than a bike, right?

Thanks in advance.

OhioBob

All are good bikes.

I'd probably rate them as so:

FZ1 comfy, ride from here to FL only stopping for gas. Good 2up bike. Sport touring classed but well versed.

Z1000 This is a close second. Great hooligan bike. Lack of fairing makes it not the best for expressway riding.

SV V-twins sound awesome and great bike off the line. Most usable power of the 3. Least comfy of the 3.

All the bikes will have plenty of aftermarket parts. The SV you can change out the forks and front end with a GSXR's. Again all good bikes just depends on what you want it for and what fits YOU the best.

It really depends on how you ride. The SV has very useable power delivery.

Naked SV1Ks are kind of hard to find. I have the SVS with the LSL Superbike Bar kit...it the best of both worlds, naked riding position with good wind protection.

It really depends on how you ride. The SV has very useable power delivery.

Naked SV1Ks are kind of hard to find. I have the SVS with the LSL Superbike Bar kit...it the best of both worlds, naked riding position with good wind protection.

Nice! I wanted that on a few of my last bikes but couldnt pull the trigger $$$ Instead I bought a Speed Triple. Do you have any pics of your bike on here?

Nice! I wanted that on a few of my last bikes but couldnt pull the trigger $$$ Instead I bought a Speed Triple. Do you have any pics of your bike on here?

The LSL kit is spendy, but it's also top quality. The machined top clamp is very nice. I have the stock clipons too, but it already had the LSL kit installed when I bought it.

P1010056.JPG?psid=1

P1010058.JPG?psid=1

P1010057.JPG?psid=1

The LSL kit is spendy, but it's also top quality. The machined top clamp is very nice. I have the stock clipons too, but it already had the LSL kit installed when I bought it.

P1010056.JPG?psid=1

P1010058.JPG?psid=1

P1010057.JPG?psid=1

:bow:

Best of all worlds with that! Very nice! If that setup is on the list then the SV with the LSL would be my first choice!

Yeah, I was thinking of a naked SV1000 or at least converting the SV1000S to the naked or N version. So, LSL conversion would be first on the list. I saw a YouTube video of a SV1000 that had black frame and wheels. I guess they started that in 2005 (K5)?

The SV1000 seems to be the bike I am wanting, but the overall wet weight and concerns of reliablity of Suzuki has me second guessing. I mean after all, I am a Honda guy, but unfortunately, until recently Honda didn't produce anything like the SV1000 or FZ1, accept for the 919, which is next to impossible to find now that it is discontinued.

Edited by OhioBob