Ride for FREE it's on STT

Gunshow Nick

OR,

To enter Sportbike Track Time's Ride Right free first track day raffle please go to the STT forum/community on June 20th (Monday) between 9am-9pm and look for the announcement in the Midwest section that reads "Ride for FREE it's on STT @ GRATTAN July 2/3rd!-RAFFLE At 9PM (on Monday)we will no longer accept names and the winners will be announced within 24 hours in the FIRST POST of the edited thread.

Please read the following thread BEFORE POSTING;

http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/viewtopic.php?t=9678

If you qualify when you post your reply please include YOUR REAL NAME and which date you desire (2nd or 3rd)

Remember there are only 2 spots available each day, but don't worry if you don't win I'll be doing this at EVERY event this season. You can try and try again.

Thank you, and I'll see YOU at the track!

I don't think I'd be fooling anyone if I showed up with race bodywork and an "A" sticker on my bike, but this is a killer deal for people who don't want to shell out the cash for gear and such to do a trackday.

I don't think I'd be fooling anyone if I showed up with race bodywork and an "A" sticker on my bike, but this is a killer deal for people who don't want to shell out the cash for gear and such to do a trackday.

Plus with as much as you bag on STT probably wouldn't be a good idea...

when do I bag on STT? I have had 2 bad experiences with STT that I can think of, and I disagree with allowing anyone and their brother to sign up in Advanced group, but I don't believe I've ever (seriously) insulted STT as an organization. I've certainly joked about it, but I have also posted "NESBA sucks" before.

I have never had anything but positive experiences with STT's staff, and i routinely recommend their Novice program for first-time track riders, and talked about the negative experience I had as a first-time rider in NESBA's "B" group.

Edited by redkow97

when do I bag on STT? I have had 2 bad experiences with STT that I can think of, and I disagree with allowing anyone and their brother to sign up in Advanced group, but I don't believe I've ever (seriously) insulted STT as an organization. I've certainly joked about it, but I have also posted "NESBA sucks" before.

I have never had anything but positive experiences with STT's staff, and i routinely recommend their Novice program for first-time track riders, and talked about the negative experience I had as a first-time rider in NESBA's "B" group.

I understand where you're coming from regarding advanced group. We've made it a point to weed out those that are clearly not advanced riders starting last season. I noticed an improvement already this year based on customer reviews/feedback. This is the first time I've mentioned what we've been doing in the midwest regarding this. There are pros and cons to doing it our way and the way nesba does their A group riders. Our stance on A group is the rider MUST be predictable, able to handle a fast pace (not ride a fast pace but handle being passed close and fast), and be consistent. Obviously, you cant have someone so off pace that they are a danger to themselves or other riders.

Ultimately, it is really a personal preference where you like to spend your money. Honestly as long as it's on the track it doesnt matter where you spend it. If it werent for STT and Nesba (predominantly-not bagging on other orgs nesba and stt just happen to be the largest in midwest) a LOT of guys would be trying to ride on the street like it were a track day. Part of the reason I devised this program is because of an accident involving a bike that I dealt with. Suffice it to say the rider lost...

Hopefully you'll come back out and we'll win your patronage.

I just got wind you guys do a MIL discount so Im stoked! Will definitely be doing some Putnam dates in July and August. Ive heard good things about your novice programs and look forward to riding...esp if i win the raffle!

Nick - like I said, i had 2 bad experiences, and both times Monte personally addressed my concerns. the first time, I didn't love his answer, but I understood it. The second time, he basically agreed I was right and apologized for the mistake. I didn't expect that, but I appreciated it.

with Richard taking over and running the show, I figure it's a clean-slate for STT, but I really wasn't holding a grudge to begin with. If it came across that way in some of my posts, that's regrettable.

I'm not sure when STT's schedule will jive with mine next, but won't hesitate to ride with you guys if the opportunity presents itself. I need to learn Grattan so I can race there :D

Nick - like I said, i had 2 bad experiences, and both times Monte personally addressed my concerns. the first time, I didn't love his answer, but I understood it. The second time, he basically agreed I was right and apologized for the mistake. I didn't expect that, but I appreciated it.

with Richard taking over and running the show, I figure it's a clean-slate for STT, but I really wasn't holding a grudge to begin with. If it came across that way in some of my posts, that's regrettable.

I'm not sure when STT's schedule will jive with mine next, but won't hesitate to ride with you guys if the opportunity presents itself. I need to learn Grattan so I can race there :D

It came across like you weren't happy with our customer service and you were concise and respectful. I assure you no worries. Since Richard has taken ownership I have been given free reign and full control over every aspect of midwest operations with the exception of grattan and gingerman. I am not working gingerman and grattan because I simply can't cover everything...it's just to much. The very capable Mike Massara handles those venues. Maybe when I am retired from my full time job I'll do it all.

Since I've taken over we have aggressively sought to improve every aspect of what we do and hopefully if you attend an event I direct you'll see and feel it.

thank you for being candid and providing some input.