Shelby man charged with sexually abusing animals

Casper

Then you're gonna have to get into different classification of animals...

Are dogs/cats (most common domesticated pets people have) on the same level as sheep, rabbits, cattle, snakes, parrots, rats, gerbils, or goldfish?

Let's not forget that nary a gerbil survives man-sex.

Then you're gonna have to get into different classification of animals...

Are dogs/cats (most common domesticated pets people have) on the same level as sheep, rabbits, cattle, snakes, parrots, rats, gerbils, or goldfish?

Completely valid point. I realized "domesticated" animals was simultaneously under and over-inclusive as I was typing it, but I couldn't think of anything better on the fly.

Like we've been saying, some things shouldn't NEED to be legislated.

Thinking that something shouldn't be illegal doesn't mean i condone it. case in point would be abortion, protesting soldiers' funerals, and so on.

I don't LIKE those things, but I don't think they should be illegal. honestly, I think Scruit is onto something with some kind of "domesticated animal" classification that falls between property and a person.

the pit-fall I see is that it creates a very slippery slope for tort claims. Right now, if you hit my dog with your car, and my dog dies, you owe me the $150 I spent adopting my dog. If my dog was a purebred English Bulldog or something, I might get $2,000 or whatever the going rate is.

But I won't see a dime for loss of consortium, pain and suffering, or anything comparable to a wrongful death tort claim that I could make if it was my child that had been killed by your car.

If you're going to start classifying animals as "more than property," the potential damages awarded for their destruction has to match the elevated status. Slippery slope, indeed.

If I hit your dog with my car then I'm not paying you diddly squat, because your dog was in the road. YOU are paying for the damages to my car. :cool:

(Happened to my neighbor across the street. Not only did the judge not award vet bills, but my neighbor had to pay a couple thousand to replace the guy's bumper)

If there was a classification for animals it would have to be any animal that is owned by a person. Or maybe you could say it's any animal that a person has provided meadical treatment for (proven by vet bills etc) It woudl have to be a simple classification, not just listing all the different types of animals. I have cats living on our property but they are wild and I have no legal interest in them.

Under old English law, flowers that are planted by a person are property for the purposes of theft and vandalism laws. Flowers that grow wild are NOT property. A similar concept.

Edited by Scruit

You know, I have been known to have a sick sense of humor and on a few occasion, may have taken things a bit to far, but man, this conversation went where I never expected. That is all, I have nothing relevant to add.

• 5 months later...

So the people on this forum nailed it. Bestiality is not illegal and sex is not abuse unless it is proven to have caused harm or pain.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/11/28/shelby-man-admits-to-sex-with-dog.html

This guy got off. This whole situation is screwed. The laws of this state simply don't account for society's whackjobs when it comes to far-out-deviant behavior.

From Alan Patton, the piss-swigging connoisseur of the ol' micturiton moonshine, to Peter Bower, Shelby's own fido-fiddling f*ckhead with a passion for VERY heavy PETTING.

The prosecutor bent over backwards trying to get this one, but to no avail. At least the judgement includes a lifetime ban on animal ownership.

Natural justice. Eye for an Eye. They should strap him face down, throw a furry rug on his back and introduce to him to a stud Bison who's been denied lovin' for weeks. THEN ask him if he thinks that bestiality is abuse.

I wonder what his lawyer thought. "Your honor, to be fair the dog WAS a bit of a looker and was wearing tight pants and lipstick. And she was NOT underage (in dog years)."

So the people on this forum nailed it. Bestiality is not illegal and sex is not abuse unless it is proven to have caused harm or pain.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/11/28/shelby-man-admits-to-sex-with-dog.html

This guy got off. This whole situation is screwed. The laws of this state simply don't account for society's whackjobs when it comes to far-out-deviant behavior.

From Alan Patton, the piss-swigging connoisseur of the ol' micturiton moonshine, to Peter Bower, Shelby's own fido-fiddling f*ckhead with a passion for VERY heavy PETTING.

The prosecutor bent over backwards trying to get this one, but to no avail. At least the judgement includes a lifetime ban on animal ownership.

Natural justice. Eye for an Eye. They should strap him face down, throw a furry rug on his back and introduce to him to a stud Bison who's been denied lovin' for weeks. THEN ask him if he thinks that bestiality is abuse.

I wonder what his lawyer thought. "Your honor, to be fair the dog WAS a bit of a looker and was wearing tight pants and lipstick. And she was NOT underage (in dog years)."

Yes, yes he did. :lol:

Yes, yes he did. :lol:

You only found one of them? n00b.

I tried to hide them in an ostensibly serious posting. Surprised nobody else noticed.:cool: