Not the average tire question

Jamez

I'm an average rider and have no plans for track riding.

That being said as long as I stick with the major manufacturers ( metzler, michelin, dunlop, pirelli, bridgestone ) I should be fine.

I don't believe that I have the skills or will have the skill in the near future to outride my tires so I don't need " the best tires" like everyone else asks. I believe lots of people never actually come near what a tire can handle. I'm realistic and honest so here's what I'm looking for.

I'm strictly street but enjoy twisties

I do plan to ride in the rain

I don't care about price

I currently have pilot powers and have no issues with them aside from them being nearly worn out.

I really want a badass tread design, thanks

I have looked at tires online but most of the pictures of the tires are kinda crappy.

Mabe I can get a couple decent pics of the tires on ur bikes

Edited by Jamez

lol, then pick a tread design from the ones you listed. Those are all great tires with only a few exceptions. Mostly the wear/mileage. Stick with the available sport tires recommended for your bike by the tire manufacturers.

edit: btw, the top two rain tires for street are the Dunlop and the Michelin. At least they claim that.

Edited by ReconRat

I had battleaxe bt-021 tires on my katana and they were awesome. They had around 9k miles when I sold the bike and the rear still had about 40% left and the front was about done. I rode in just about any temp and condition(including snow).

Overall good tires that last awhile and are decent for both twisties and durable.

Michelin pilot road two or three , both have good grip, good in the rain and very long life, I have the pr3 on the front and rear of my bike. I have put about 8000 miles on them in the last couple months and there holding up great. I think I can get another 2000 out of the back and maybe 4 or 5000 more from the front. Best tires I have ever ownedand I have tried a bunch of different ones

Edited by wicked94s10

Pirelli Angel STs are great for twisties for being a sport-touring tire. Excellent in the rain and you can expect well over 7000 miles on the rear. Best in the rain from my experiences.

BT-016s don't last a damn compared to anything else I've used.

Q2s are IMO the stickiest tire to price ratio. I've got a little over 5000 miles on the rear, guessing about 1000 more. Front is half used. I'll be getting these again.

Pirelli Angel STs are great for twisties for being a sport-touring tire. Excellent in the rain and you can expect well over 7000 miles on the rear. Best in the rain from my experiences.

BT-016s don't last a damn compared to anything else I've used.

Q2s are IMO the stickiest tire to price ratio. I've got a little over 5000 miles on the rear, guessing about 1000 more. Front is half used. I'll be getting these again.

You have 5000 miles on a Q2? I'm lucky to get 2k

Angel ST's are great tires I've got over 7k on the set I have now and the front will probably last through another rear for my next set I have picked up some Avon Storm 2 ultra they are supposed to be better than the angels we shall see.