steering feels out of whack

felixb555

The Suzuki GSXR 600 K6-K7 service manual says:

TIRE PRESSURE

If the tire pressure is too high or too low, steering will be

adversely affected and tire wear will increase. Therefore, maintain

the correct tire pressure for good roadability and a longer

tire life. Cold inflation tire pressure is as follows.

Cold inflation tire pressure

Solo riding:

Front: 250 kPa (2.50 kgf/cm2, 36 psi)

Rear: 250 kPa (2.50 kgf/cm2, 36 psi)

Dual riding:

Front: 250 kPa (2.50 kgf/cm2, 36 psi)

Rear: 290 kPa (2.90 kgf/cm2, 42 psi)

This is on a sticker somewhere like on the back swingarm, unless some one removed it.

Notice it says cold, not warm, not almost cold. "In the morning when the temperatures are at the lowest for the day" cold before you ride anywhere.

Wow u guys wouldn't believe...rear tire 4.5 psi and from 21.0 like wow that's freaking nuts..I never checked it thanks for the help and this def thought me a lesson atleast it was a painless lesson could of been worst that's for sure.

Sweet...8 lb 5 oz...baby jesus.

Take it from someone who knows what poor tire pressure can do, check the pressure every time you go to ride the bike. As the others have said, it could save your life.

I mean, it's not like the tires are the only thing connecting you to the ground. :rolleyes:

incorrect pressures are never good, but a little too high is WORLDS safer than too low.

42/42 isn't going to put him on his head the way under 10 lbs. would.

Where are you keeping the bike though? Mine sat all winter, and although I probably aired mine down from ~30/30, I think they were both still close to 20 lbs apiece when I reinflated them for the track...

Dont take this personally but you are an absolute idiot and have zero common sense. 4.5 psi is a flat tire and yet you couldnt tell that by looking at it or riding it. You obviously dont have any common sense at all and dont even know what the hell a tire gauge is. Do yourself a favor and sell the bike before you kill yourself or someone else!!.

• Upvote 1