Drink Water...

ReconRat

Don't forget to drink lots of water in this heat..

Crap. I just got sick. Heat sick - lack of water. I noticed early on and Gatorade fixed it up with a water chaser. Hard to ignore the nausea.

And I thought I was drinking a lot of water, apparently not.

ok, for Jagr --> drink lots of beer. Preferably PBR. Known to rescue many a victim of heat. I saw it on the internet, it must be true.

edit: come to think of it... if I had been drinking beer, that would not have happened...

Well it doesn't gave come from the toilet, but yes.

What movie is that line from?

" Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this"

i drink 1-2.5 gallons per day, depending if i work both of my jobs or not...i drink about a gallon at UPS in the morning, and about 1.5 gallons on a day we pour concrete......on concrete days its usually 1.5 gallons water, and a gallon of gatorade .....gotta keep hydrated!

not to mention at least another quart or two while relaxing at home

got dehydrated once and never want to feel that again....like, true dehydration...we ran out of water and the concrete truck showed up and the concrete was setting up too fast and it was just a nightmare....actually got blisters in our mouths from being dehydrated and you could see veins popping out and stuff...it sucked!

Edited by Steve Butters

God damn is it hot.

Actually humid. I don't mind the heat but when its this humid you just sweat and sweat and it doesn't evaporate and you don't cool down.

Think ill start bottling my toilet water to take with me. Does the blue water hydrate better?

Hydration, I will give everyone some real advice to check your hydration level. Being a diabetic, my liquid intake is crytical, an easy check is the color of your urine. If it is darker then normal, you are dehydrated. The lighter the color the better.

Now I know also that in the warmer weather, you will not urinate as much, your body will use all the fluid it can, when it can.

Just hydrate at every stop, water, Gatorade G2 is loaded with electrolites, very very good when low on hydration. Powerade is also very good.

Absolutly no to any knid of softdrinks or alcohol. All will draw you water level down, the sugar in them pull moisture away not ad.

Energy drinks will do only once, mix them with another good liquid, wate,r Gatorade, Powerade, etc.

Hope this helps, ride safe all.

Greg

This has been all good advice. I've noticed that it's easy not to notice dehydration until it's too late or almost too late while riding. I think that this is due to the fact that you don't notice how much you sweat because of the drying effect of the wind. Also, especially in the twisties, your mind is too busy calculating trajectories & the like to notice that you're thirsty right away.