Where to find 750 engine

AKIRA

I have been riding my 04 gsxr 600 for over 5 years now and want some more power. I have been thinking of swapping a 750 motor into my 600. Is there anyother place to buy engines other than looking for them on ebay? I will be able to do the swap myself with no problem. One of my riding buddys said not to bother and just buy a 1000, but i dont know if i want that much power plus i like to do projects.

I think what you saw was the Kawasaki motor for sale. Has anyone one done this this? Is the swap worth it? or should i just do a good rebiuld of the 600 and have it tuned and such.

I want more power because i ride only street not on a track,but i do love to corner. I have been down to deals gap and rode the tall of the dragon and loved it. this is why i want to have a 750, still can corner well but has more low and mid range.

I want more power because i ride only street not on a track,but i do love to corner. I have been down to deals gap and rode the tall of the dragon and loved it. this is why i want to have a 750, still can corner well but has more low and mid range.

my 98hp wonder was more power than I ever needed at the gap, then again I also don't think I'm a very good rider

I'd go with a 1000 now - its not a HUGE jump past the 750 you want to build - and better yet, the factory eng/susp geometry comes pre-installed!! ;););) Not like you trackride, just want more for the street right?? May as well upgrade now rather than dump dollars into something you'll sell/trade towards an upgrade anyway. Have you tried gearing the bike up some for better pull? Cheap way to tap into hidden torque, among other power add-ons.

You may eventually find your own foot slammin into your ass later for getting involved with engine/electronics swapping - kind of uncharted territory without a "kit" available, but I've no clue to the reaches of your moto-wisdom sir - all in all, its your bike.....your wallet......and your skillset......imo, a 1000 will teach you more about throttle control and they keep the riders respect a lot longer ( or should, anyway;))

I think i will just step up to a 1000, my 600 has a +2 rear sprocket, power commander, k&n, slip on pipe. Anyone know of a good shop that works on bikes(dyno tuning)? I cant buy the 1000 right now but i would like to get some more power out of my 600.