Link for chick w roadrash?

idodishez

all the pics except the first one in that post are broken

found some on her myspace page, i need to buy some riding pants ASAP. i wear jeans but im not sure how much protection those are gonna give if i ever dump the bike :/

Edited by JStump

i wear jeans but im not sure how much protection those are gonna give if i ever dump the bike :/

do a little test for us.

put your jeans on, then go outside on the sidewalk.

run as fast as you can (i know this is much slower than your bike, but we gotta work with what we got)

drop to your knees and do a sweet rock and roll powerslide ala pete townshend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYqv_FS9yk&feature=related

please video tape this and post it for scientific study purposes.

do a little test for us.

put your jeans on, then go outside on the sidewalk.

run as fast as you can (i know this is much slower than your bike, but we gotta work with what we got)

drop to your knees and do a sweet rock and roll powerslide ala pete townshend

please video tape this and post it for scientific study purposes.

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=14148

Here's a picture of when I was running full sprint, tripped, and fell. Imagine what would happen if you were doing 35 mph on a motorcycle and fell without any gear on.

Edited by lammiepie615

i was thinking about getting the riding pants that are basically just really thick jeans, anyone know if those are good?

ive got shift jeans and although they are better than regular jeans I still don't think they are going to be that much better. Some nice pants are on my short list of things I need to buy as well

i've read some magazine reviews of the "armored" jeans, and they're really just (usually) reinforced with kevlar in the impact zones.

that means knees/shins, ass, and hips. The rest is sometimes just denim.

The magazines (accidentally) crash-tested at least one pair and they were impressed - but only because it was a really minor wreck... I really WANT something like that to work, but I think they're a false sense of security for the most part.

I need something other than my leather pants' date=' they ain't always appropriate.[/quote']

I wear my leathers 95% of the time and the rest of the time I always feel naked. I hope I never need my leathers but I will wear them over jeans or whatever and then take them off when I get where I am going.

I wear my leathers 95% of the time and the rest of the time I always feel naked. I hope I never need my leathers but I will wear them over jeans or whatever and then take them off when I get where I am going.

My leathers are too snug to be wearing over anything. They are fieldsheer pants like these...

ALP-APEX-PANT-BLACK.jpg

Not always appropriate for where I might be riding "to", fine for just going out and riding.

Not always appropriate for where I might be riding "to"' date=' fine for just going out and riding.[/quote']

put jeans over them! if people ask why youre walking funny and sweating just tell them you just got outta prison and the showers werent so kind to you

on a side note...ive had luck with some textile riding pants...they were real thick and i felt like they would definitely protect me if i went down...and i bought them big enough i could toss them over a pair of shorts or something, and the bottom of the legs zipped off into shorts incase i wanted to just wear them whereever i ended up going

i think theyre Cortech...ive been wearing them offroad instead of dirt pants, so theyre out in the garage or ide know for sure...too lazy to go look

put jeans over them! if people ask why youre walking funny and sweating just tell them you just got outta prison and the showers werent so kind to you

Naw I just need to get a nice pair of some riding jeans for knocking around at bike nights and around town,

save the leathers for long twistie weekend rides.

Naw I just need to get a nice pair of some riding jeans for knocking around at bike nights and around town' date='

save the leathers for long twistie weekend rides.[/quote']

thats what i did...i had my textile pants for aggressive riding, and had a pair of icon riding jeans and a pair of tourmaster (maybe shift, dont remember) riding jeans for around town and casual rides and stuff