Anthony Sowell Verdict is in

redkow97

Guilty of aggravated murder (we're up to 5 counts now, I think. hard to keep track)

still reading other counts.

So far I've heard guilty of:

- abuse of a corpse

- tampering w/ evidence

- kidnapping

- several mentions of felony murder and "sexual motivation" as aggravating factors.

Edited by redkow97

dude shouldn't a crime such as this be a instant needle?

Needle? Why so nice? The guy needs buried on the beach except for his head and let the tide drown him. Could always go old school and get about 4 horses and all take off in different directions ripping his limbs off maybe a fifth for his head or dick then let him bleed out.

Nah, let us taxpayers pay for him to have a better quality of life than the homeless. Duh.

you do know that execution costs more than life w/o parole right?

as for quality of life, i dont think homeless guys get butt-raped on the regular... maybe they do idk...

personally, i think the death penalty is the easy way out. life in prison is much worse. i mean, when you're dead, you arent in prison. you arent suffering... id much rather die than go to prison for life.

http://www.kansas.gov/postaudit/audits_perform/04pa03a.pdf

"The estimated median cost of a case in which the death sentence was given was $1.2 million, compared to the same estimated costs for a non-death penalty case of about $740,000."

http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411625_md_death_penalty.pd

"We found that an average capital-eligible case in which prosecutors did not seek the death penalty will cost Maryland taxpayers more than $1.1 million, including $870,000 in prison costs and $250,000 in costs of adjudication.

A capital-eligible case in which prosecutors unsuccessfully sought the death penalty will cost $1.8 million, $700,000 more than a comparable case in which the death penalty was not sought.

Prison costs are about $950,000, and the cost of adjudication is $850,000, more than three times higher than in cases which were not capitally prosecuted.

An average capital-eligible case resulting in a death sentence will cost approximately $3 million, $1.9 million more than a case where the death penalty was not sought. In these cases, prison costs total about $1.3 million while the remaining $1.7 million are associated with adjudication."

Edited by John

you do know that execution costs more than life w/o parole right?

it shouldn't, a 9mm bullet is extremely inexpensive :D

Seriously though, anyone convicted and sentenced to death or life in jail should be allowed ONE appeal and then just save us the god damn money and space in jails by putting a single bullet in their temple. End of story, I just saved everyone a shit ton of money

Bring back good 'ol sparky. With a minor change: with a dial. Victims' family members are in charge of it.

"...so we are going to lunch for a hour or so Mr. Penis-Wrinkle, so we've decided to lower the shock to a 3. You sit tight and don't die until we come back, hear?!"

it shouldn't, a 9mm bullet is extremely inexpensive :D

Seriously though, anyone convicted and sentenced to death or life in jail should be allowed ONE appeal and then just save us the god damn money and space in jails by putting a single bullet in their temple. End of story, I just saved everyone a shit ton of money

The tax payers only cover the cost of a transcript, and $5000 or so for the first appeal.

After that the prisoner must fund or defend himself.

The tax payers only cover the cost of a transcript, and $5000 or so for the first appeal.

After that the prisoner must fund or defend himself.

The problem is they don't fund the cost of still being in prison alive as opposed to dead rotting in the ground costing us nothing