Columbus City Council approved lowering the speed limit on I-70 to 55MPH...

Casper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt this speed limit change will have much affect on how fast people drive. Seems like everyone runs 10-20 over the speed limit as it is. I am not too concerned about it.

this is kind of what I was thinking. I'm only on 70 a few times a year and I'm sure I won't ever even notice....until I get pulled over

I get on at Livingston and take the split north nearly every day. Heading west, traffic is rarely moving faster than 60 as it is. Not usually backed up, but not real fast either. Now heading east out of the split, that will be where I get my tickets. It opens up nicely.

Must be the speed limit... No other factors could account for accidents... Like distracted drivers with cell phones, makeup, books, gps, egtc. Or the bad design of a sweeping switchback on a incline/decline. and how many drivers would fail the Ohio drivers test again? Most drivers in columbus can't even comply with the speed limit, let alone all the other traffic signs!

Plus +1 to the autobahn

Neg -1 to our dysfunctional interstate sytem

I don't know why they haven't adopted more of those changeable speed limit signs.

If there's traffic, it may legitimately be safer for everyone to go 55 - shorter stopping distance should mean fewer rear-end collisions.

But at off-peak hours, there's no reason it shouldn't be 60 or 65 (or 75, or 80...).

Silly. The turnpike recently UPPED the speed limit to 70 mph. With 12" wheels on the trailer, that's about as fast as I dare go anyway.