Losing a pet sucks. Losing a super awesome pet really, really sucks.

the_silverfox

Just venting here to all the pet owners and rat lovers here. :(

Last night, Flying Brick and I lost our hairless rat, Fuzzy, to a brief illness. He was 3 years old, which in rat speak, is pretty old. But he had a hell of a run.

We'll miss that rat very much; he probably was the best free-roaming rodent we've ever owned. He made the move to OH from CA with us. He was also, by far, the best Valentine's Day gift that no [normal] girl would ever ask for.

I put up a little obit for him complete with photos and videos on my blog here.

For those of you guys who've never seen a hairless rat, they're quite a unique sight, and some of the most lovable and affectionate animals you'll ever meet.

196539_995061142365_3402780_51336055_7281624_n.jpg

SOrry for your loss not lookign forward to that happening ever..

one quick question.. you said free roaming.. so you just let it hang out without a cage?

does it go to the bathroom anywhere or somewhere specific?

SOrry for your loss not lookign forward to that happening ever..

one quick question.. you said free roaming.. so you just let it hang out without a cage?

does it go to the bathroom anywhere or somewhere specific?

He had a cage in the master bedroom. We put it on the floor, and that's where he would eat, drink, and use the bathroom. He pretty much limited his bathroom use to a corner of the cage (you can potty train hamsters, BTW). We just never closed the cage door unless we were vacuuming the carpet. We'd also have an old comforter in one of the corners where he would sleep if he didn't feel like being in the cage.

I am going to Rat-Hell when I die since I used to breed them for the sole purpose of feeding them to my monitor lizard. Rats are very smart and make better pets than other small mammals, especially guinea pigs. I hate those twitchy fuckers. Sorry to hear about this all the same.