Speed issues with this site???

Casper

Is OhioRiders.net running slow for you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is OhioRiders.net running slow for you?

Is anyone experiencing any problems with the board being slow??

I've had a report of someone having an issue, but I don't see anything wrong. I just want to make sure this is an isolated case and not a widespread problem.

Wow. That's weird as hell. It's smoking fast for me. And we're only using a small amount of the available bandwidth. Very odd. So some people are having no problem, and others are??? I'm going to make a poll. Please vote appropriately so I know exactly how bad this problem is. Thanks!!!!

It has to do with the MAC :lol:

If you're referring to Bill Gates' revenge that he has exacted upon the world of consumerism, then yeah - I use one too, and it's tempermental as all hell and pretty much has a mind of it's own. That's why I figured it was on my end and not the site's.

If you're talking about something else? Umm... kindly disregard this whole post :werd:

linux is cool, theres alot of neat things you can do with it. ive tried about 10 different versions during school. but, being a IT guy, microsoft does own about everything, and i mean own in more ways than one.

If you want viruses and major security holes in your servers, go with Microsoft. True story. If you want to move into the 21st, keep your shit safe, and have superior reliability, go with Linux. True story again. Microsoft = easy OS for people who don't know what they're doing.

http://www.freebsd.org/

FreeBSD owns OpenBSD any and every day.

Oh yeah, Mac OS X is FreeBSD........ :thefinger:

I wouldn't go that far. From a security perspective, the code auditing that goes into openbsd is the best in the opensource world.

FreeBSD is fine for sissies that don't want to go through excrutiating pain to get their services running or code to compile.

I just migrated our network from openbsd based firewalls to cisco. While I did like openbsd, it was a giant pain in the ass to admin.

Cisco rocks. Working on my CCNA right now.

The new ASA firewalls are pretty damned well thought out I have to admit. I'm 1/5 of the way through my CCSP. I'll probably schedule my SNRS test sometime in the next 2 weeks. Definately get the Sybex CCNA book if you haven't already.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...